EeePad Transformer Already Selling Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Any news on how many were shipped/sold? I have to admit, I was kinda curious about and was hoping to get a hands on at a BB or Microcenter, no such luck I guess.

cosmicc

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
Not very many were shipped. I was told at my local Canada Computers that each store was only getting 2. And at every store those 2 were already reserved a couple days before launch.

cosmicc

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
[citation][nom]zkevwlu[/nom]When is this thing coming to Canada...[/citation]
Already is in Canada. However we had a similar experience to the US, minimal supply with online retailers being sold out all too quickly.

jrharbort

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
It's no surprise since the specs/features beats out any other competition for the price. And then takes their lunch money for good measure.

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
Hopefully prices will go down a bit after a month or two!
It seems an excellent device to take with you to the library!

Is it equipped with froyo?

I hoped to know if this tab is upgradeable to the newer version of android soon!

patfactorx

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
I'm pretty sure this is going to kill iPad sales in a lot of markets. I doubt that iPads are going to hit their estimate #s in the face of this Android flood. During holiday time they are going to be releasing Tegra 3 quad core tablets.

adobejesus

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
[citation][nom]plznote[/nom]It has Gingerbread. (3.0)[/citation]

It has HONEYCOMB. (3.0)

It's the same OS as the Motorola Xoom, except ASUS has added a few apps and widgets.

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
Ticked me off. Looked at it this morning on the iPhone at bestbuy.com and was planning on buying it the next time I got to a computer. By that time it was sold out. Looks like I will be waiting another few weeks for it. There goes my Birthday present im giving myself :).

G

I'm still new to these *pads and was wondering if it will run windows-based apps...intensive apps such as photoshop or excel?

rc71281

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
I was one of the few lucky ones. I was able to order on the Best Buy website Monday @11:50pm PST. I got a shipping confirmation and expect delivery tomorrow!

truchonic

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
i want to see it my wife need one and i don't to choose the transformer or the eee pad 121 with windows 7 $500 diffident but lets see how is the transformer and maybe i get one, i'm the kinda person that wait, see it touch it to see how it is and then buy it i saw bunch of people they just buy it and then they doesn't like any more, and say the other one was better d:)

G

I was lucky enough to get one of these this morning! Dude, I'm telling you, it is worth it. I'm already watching HD videos using the Remote Desktop Feature (via MyCloud). I can lie on the couch and connect to my desktop in the bedroom and use all its functionalities (it has 12GB of RAM, it's a beast).
But this tablet is great on its own as well, I was able to watch HD videos on it without being choppy, everything ran smoothly, I'm already playing SNES games using my Wiimote via bluetooth and SNESoid app. Full Flash compatibility. I called every store in town, nobody had the docking station (I'm in Canada). But I pre-ordered it at amazon.ca so I'll grab one whenever it's available. I heard asus will ship lots of Transformers and docking stations on the 2nd week of May, so hang tight guys, it's worth it!

stoogie

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
[citation][nom]gidgiddonihah[/nom]Ticked me off. Looked at it this morning on the iPhone at bestbuy.com and was planning on buying it the next time I got to a computer. By that time it was sold out. Looks like I will be waiting another few weeks for it. There goes my Birthday present im giving myself .[/citation]
Yuck u use a apple product, "clicked thumbs down on post"

G

I got the last one at my local Frys store around 12 noon this morning! Hurray! unfortunately they dont have the dock yet but I will check again tomorrow if they have it...

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
Not going to lie...I really want one these. A bit bummed that the stock is so low.

On a side note, I do hope it sells well and is a solid alternative to the iPad...competition is good.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
This is not surprizing. Since the Ipad started gaining momentum, all the android lovers and apple haters have been really anxious to get a decent android tablet. This is the first economically feasible alternative. Until now all the other competetors seemed to think they could sell a device that was almost as good as the IPAD for more money, and to be honest with you, the only people who bought those devices where the true apple haters "I hate apple so much, I will pay at least $100 more just so I don't get and IPAD". I was an apple hater, but I gave up on waiting for a feasible alternative and bought an IPAD and I have to say.... It's Awesome.

Anyhow, glad to see that someone has come up with some decent competition price wise for apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.