W98SE and Symantec (Norton)

lee

Question, I recently had to install W98SE upgrade to W98 because I added a
USB WD HD 120 gig drive. Got a great deal on it. Now I have problems with
Norton and Hard disk integrity, Now my boot HD (not USB) crashes when it
gets to Hard Disk Integrity in the One Button checkup. Does great up to
that point. Have looked on MS web page and also the Symantec site with
negative results. I picked up this disk on a yard sale, you know a bunch
for $5 and it is 2002 NIS and NSWorks had no problems prior with 2001 but
since installing 2002 crash crash. I have it on a Gateway G6 333mhz and 256
megs of ram. I also tried reinstalling 2001 and it crashed also in the same
area.

Any one experienced this and fixed it or have any ideas? Thanks for any