LG VX4500 is dead

Last response: in Network Providers
June 14, 2005 12:28:16 AM

I have had this phone since 5/4/04. While talking on the phone the other
day, it went dead in the middle of my conversation. Recharging didn't help.
I bought a new battery and phone still does not work. Any ideas? Can these
phones be fixed? I still have another year to go on the contract. Don't
know whether to pay the $175 and cancel the contract or get another phone
from Verizon.

More about : vx4500 dead

Anonymous
June 14, 2005 1:48:42 PM

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:28:16 -0400, "Carol J"
<caroljj2nospam@comcast.net> wrote:

>I have had this phone since 5/4/04. While talking on the phone the other
>day, it went dead in the middle of my conversation. Recharging didn't help.
>I bought a new battery and phone still does not work. Any ideas? Can these
>phones be fixed? I still have another year to go on the contract. Don't
>know whether to pay the $175 and cancel the contract or get another phone
>from Verizon.

If Verizon does not replace your phone (5/4/04) under warantee, you
have two options. You can purchase a different phone at full price or
they will sell you a refurbished VX4500 for $50+tax. Refurbished
phones are as good as or better than new. They will make you use your
own battery when they give you the phone but in your case it's new.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 12:36:33 AM

How can a refurbished phone be better then a new phone?

"TeddeLI" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:28:16 -0400, "Carol J"
> <caroljj2nospam@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>I have had this phone since 5/4/04. While talking on the phone the other
>>day, it went dead in the middle of my conversation. Recharging didn't
>>help.
>>I bought a new battery and phone still does not work. Any ideas? Can
>>these
>>phones be fixed? I still have another year to go on the contract. Don't
>>know whether to pay the $175 and cancel the contract or get another phone
>>from Verizon.
>>
> If Verizon does not replace your phone (5/4/04) under warantee, you
> have two options. You can purchase a different phone at full price or
> they will sell you a refurbished VX4500 for $50+tax. Refurbished
> phones are as good as or better than new. They will make you use your
> own battery when they give you the phone but in your case it's new.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 4:39:57 PM

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:36:33 GMT, Ben Skversky wrote:

> How can a refurbished phone be better then a new phone?

Hopefully the bugs have been removed from it.
!