What Cherry MX key resembles the Logitech G19 the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taltool24198

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
Hey!
Soo...
Im buying a mechanical keyboard very soon, but I can't choose which key to get.
Basically, if I get the K95, I'll only be able to get the Red. But if I choose to go with Roccat, I will most likely be going with Black.
What most resembles the G19 mem keys, the black or the red? Please note, I will ONLY use the Red or Black keys.
No tactile or audiable feedback is wanted.
Thanks!

Solution
theres very little difference between black and reds. i went red and found i was pressing very hard when i didnt need to so took a few weeks to adjust.
as your coming off a reasonable quality membrane keyboard the black keys will offer roughly the same pressure requirement to depress. but really theres not a whole lot of difference.
theres no spongy feel to the keys like you get with the bubble membrane on a g19 as they use plungers on a flat membrane unlike the g11 which uses bubble membrane. which sorta resembles tactile feedback.
so if your heavy handed then the black keys will work well if you want to lighten your touch then reds.
membrane keyboards have key letoff which could be construed as tactile feedback. brown keyswitches may be more of a match because of this.

between black and red only however, whichever has the least resistance since logitech switches are typically on the lighter side. keep in mind that with no letoff the mechanical keyswitches will not feel quite the same and may feel more "spongey"

taltool24198

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012

My G19 has no feedback.. o_O
Not that I know of.
And it isnt that soft either. If that's considered soft, I wouldnt wanna try the Black keys :p

key stiffness does vary by model but in general logitech seems to have light keys. i've had the chance to play around on many of the keyboards in stores and have used a few models myself at home in the past.

there isnt any feedback per se on membrane keyboards... but more of a change in resistance when you bottm out the key due to the deflecting rubber dome. definitely a different feel than black keyswitches and more like browns but i suppose it depends on how you think about it.

personally i prefer more resistance on my keyboards. this reduces accidental key presses. i found the blue keyswitches to be a little on the light side but not bad. if you look up the resistance in grams perhaps this can give you a good idea. of course my favorite keyswitch is the buckling spring which if i remember has an activation threshold of 85g.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=12790.0
the how to on switch replacement. the answer is yes. apparently there is a soldering and no soldering option

taltool24198

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012

Ok.
But the main problem Im facing is that Im cought up on the Corsair K95. Its beautiful and I wanted the K90, and ditched it 'coz its so damn ugly.
Now that its all black and with full mechanical, I really want it, but I only used the Blackwidow which I returned the following day.
I do remember it being a little lighter tho. Is the difference that much noticeable?
Thanks alot for the reply!

theres very little difference between black and reds. i went red and found i was pressing very hard when i didnt need to so took a few weeks to adjust.
as your coming off a reasonable quality membrane keyboard the black keys will offer roughly the same pressure requirement to depress. but really theres not a whole lot of difference.
theres no spongy feel to the keys like you get with the bubble membrane on a g19 as they use plungers on a flat membrane unlike the g11 which uses bubble membrane. which sorta resembles tactile feedback.
so if your heavy handed then the black keys will work well if you want to lighten your touch then reds.

Solution

taltool24198

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012

Alright, thanks alot! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.