Windows LIVE screwed me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
so i recently bought arkham asylum, and of course stupid microsoft wanted me to create a live account.
their servers were down so i couldn't sign up, so i created an offline profile.
I've put about 11 hours into that game, and i stupidity tried to sign up again.
"THANK GOD", their servers were up, and i managed to sign up, and get this:
i got an error says "I've countered a glitch" and instead of taking that as a hint, i tried to log in through the game.
i succeeded, and it says it has to update.
IT CLOSED THE GAME, REOPENED IT, I COULDN'T LOG IN. my offline account was gone, together with 11 HOURS WORTH OF GAMEPLAY, and now i can't set up a new one nor a live account.

WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?!

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
it was temporary, i have a genuine one now.
anyway i managed to sign up to windows live, but is there any chance i could return to my last saved game?

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
tut tut tut shiver me timbers pirate!!!! don't you have a save game file on your pc from the 11 hours play its likely the update just changed the save game file directory but im not sure for that game never had it

ZakX11

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011

Go in Local disk C -> Users -> (username) -> My Documents -> check if there is a folder called Batman Arkham City. If there are savegames in it then you are fine. If there isn't a folder called Batman Arkham City then look for a folder called WB games. In that folder you may find Batman Arkham City.

Let me make this clear. GFWL saves games in two ways. One is the online profile and the other is the offline profile.
You said you can't sign into live. You originally played with the offline profile. But after the update , even though you couldn't sign into live , you did not have the offline profile.

Now I have 2 assumptions.

First is that the update might have deleted your offline profile and you're screwed.

Second is that maybe the update changes the location of save games and only moves the online profile accordingly.

Do what I just told you to do and tell me whether you find any folder called Batman Arkham City or a folder called WB Games inside which there is a folder called Batman Arkham City.

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
OK i found the batman arkham asylum folder (it was located in the square enix folder).
in the BAA folder theres a folder called SaveData. in that folder, there are 2 folders, with different names, yet both has the same file in them (save0.sgd).
i started a new game (i managed to sign in to live) so take that in account.
thank you so much for your help BTW.

ZakX11

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011

Did you find that save game after or before you started a new game after signing into live?

ZakX11

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Then I'm afraid no one can help you.
Sorry for all those lost hours. Anyways , if you think this can't go any further , select a best answer and close the thread.
P.S Damn typos

Status
Not open for further replies.