Motorola V710 Work in Europe?

peter

Will the Motorola V710 work in Europe?

I currently have a Nokia 3589i for my VZ Wireless service which I am told
will not work in Europe. I'm thinking of the Moto V710 (because it has
Bluetooth capabilities). Does it operate on whatever bands are necessary
for it wo work in Europe (France, Germany specifically)?

Peter

--
**Remove Xs to reply by e-mail**

In article <p14ua1p367fiml0bvl0j2l3cupn2m566lm@4ax.com>,
Peter <XXpmpmpmXX@mindspring.com> wrote:
>Will the Motorola V710 work in Europe?

Not for making and receiving phone calls, browsing the web, sending or
receiving text messages or pictures.

>I currently have a Nokia 3589i for my VZ Wireless service which I am told
>will not work in Europe.

Correct.

>I'm thinking of the Moto V710 (because it has Bluetooth capabilities).
>Does it operate on whatever bands are necessary
>for it wo work in Europe (France, Germany specifically)?

ALL domestic Verizon phones use an entirely different signalling
technology (CDMA) compared to what is used in Europe (GSM).

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

In article <p14ua1p367fiml0bvl0j2l3cupn2m566lm@4ax.com>,
Peter <XXpmpmpmXX@mindspring.com> wrote:
>Will the Motorola V710 work in Europe?

Not for making and receiving phone calls, browsing the web, sending or
receiving text messages or pictures.

>I currently have a Nokia 3589i for my VZ Wireless service which I am told
>will not work in Europe.

Correct.

Peter wrote:
> Will the Motorola V710 work in Europe?
>
> I currently have a Nokia 3589i for my VZ Wireless service which I am
> told will not work in Europe. I'm thinking of the Moto V710 (because
> it has Bluetooth capabilities). Does it operate on whatever bands
> are necessary for it wo work in Europe (France, Germany specifically)?
>
> Peter

Verizon makes only one world phone that is a CDMA and GSM device. But
for world travel, I'd recommend you purchase an unlocked GSM phone so
you can purchase a sim card in Europe for inexpensive local rates.

--
David G.