Motorola V710 Work in Europe?

Will the Motorola V710 work in Europe?

I currently have a Nokia 3589i for my VZ Wireless service which I am told
will not work in Europe. I'm thinking of the Moto V710 (because it has
Bluetooth capabilities). Does it operate on whatever bands are necessary
for it wo work in Europe (France, Germany specifically)?

Peter

--
**Remove Xs to reply by e-mail**
3 answers Last reply

    In article <p14ua1p367fiml0bvl0j2l3cupn2m566lm@4ax.com>,
    Peter <XXpmpmpmXX@mindspring.com> wrote:
    >Will the Motorola V710 work in Europe?

    Not for making and receiving phone calls, browsing the web, sending or
    receiving text messages or pictures.

    >I currently have a Nokia 3589i for my VZ Wireless service which I am told
    >will not work in Europe.

    Correct.

    >I'm thinking of the Moto V710 (because it has Bluetooth capabilities).
    >Does it operate on whatever bands are necessary
    >for it wo work in Europe (France, Germany specifically)?

    ALL domestic Verizon phones use an entirely different signalling
    technology (CDMA) compared to what is used in Europe (GSM).
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <p14ua1p367fiml0bvl0j2l3cupn2m566lm@4ax.com>,
    Peter <XXpmpmpmXX@mindspring.com> wrote:
    >Will the Motorola V710 work in Europe?

    Not for making and receiving phone calls, browsing the web, sending or
    receiving text messages or pictures.

    >I currently have a Nokia 3589i for my VZ Wireless service which I am told
    >will not work in Europe.

    Correct.

    Peter wrote:
    > Will the Motorola V710 work in Europe?
    >
    > I currently have a Nokia 3589i for my VZ Wireless service which I am
    > told will not work in Europe. I'm thinking of the Moto V710 (because
    > it has Bluetooth capabilities). Does it operate on whatever bands
    > are necessary for it wo work in Europe (France, Germany specifically)?
    >
    > Peter

    Verizon makes only one world phone that is a CDMA and GSM device. But
    for world travel, I'd recommend you purchase an unlocked GSM phone so
    you can purchase a sim card in Europe for inexpensive local rates.

    --
    David G.

Verizon Motorola Internet Service Providers