Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Crysis 3 Problem

Last response: in Video Games
February 5, 2013 3:08:11 AM

Hello
I have just downloaded the Crysis 3 beta for PC and have opened it and it says I need a DX11 capable GPU and i assume that this means I need DirectX 11. My Graphics Card is the Geforce GT 520MX on my laptop and I have looked on the nvidia website and it says it is a directX 11 card. I also think I deleted Nvidia Physics if this has anything to do with it.

More about : crysis problem

February 5, 2013 4:32:55 AM

Why would you remove Nvidia PhysX?
That definitely might be causing the problem.
Download the latest driver for your GPU from here if you have win 7 64 bit - http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win8-win7-winvist...
Download the latest driver for your GPU from here if you have win 7 32 bit - http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win8-win7-winvist...
Download the latest driver for your GPU from here if you have win 8 64 bit - http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win8-win7-winvist...
Download the latest driver for your GPU from here if you have win 8 32 bit - http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win8-win7-winvist...

Score
February 5, 2013 12:22:58 PM

your wasting your time the game is not playable at any settings on your gfx.
yes it will install but the gpu is unsupported because it doesnt have the required amount of shader cores to play at 30 fps minimum settings.

if you have crysis 2 and you can get it running with the 1.9 patch, dx11 and hd textures. you can extrapilate your performance for crysis 3 you will get 2/3 the fps which for you would be about 25 at lowest settings. so 2/3 of that is
about 17 fps. this will likely be your average not your minimum max your looking at 22. so yeah it will be unplayable.
Score
Related resources
February 5, 2013 12:33:34 PM

HEXiT said:
yes it will install but the gpu is unsupported because it doesnt have the required amount of shader cores to play at 30 fps minimum settings.

if you have crysis 2 and you can get it running with the 1.9 patch, dx11 and hd textures. you can extrapilate your performance for crysis 3 you will get 2/3 the fps which for you would be about 25 at lowest settings. so 2/3 of that is
about 17 fps. this will likely be your average not your minimum max your looking at 22. so yeah it will be unplayable.

+1
Score
February 5, 2013 2:05:35 PM

HEXiT said:

Well there's 10 minutes of my life I'm not getting back
Score
February 5, 2013 2:19:54 PM

dont worry there are plenty of minutes i wont get back...
just keep an eye on the specs and how they compare to todays minimum requirements.
you will get the hang of it soon enough coz you seem to have a good idea of whats what most of the time...
Score
February 5, 2013 3:45:56 PM

HEXiT said:
dont worry there are plenty of minutes i wont get back...
just keep an eye on the specs and how they compare to todays minimum requirements.
you will get the hang of it soon enough coz you seem to have a good idea of whats what most of the time...

Thanks man.
The thing is I'm around 15 and have had most of my experience in PC gaming and not much with laptop or networking.
I am going to pursue Computer engineering so , in time I will have a clearer understanding of things.
Right now i just try to help with whatever knowledge I have in like 5-6 years of gaming and hardware :\
But man you have like 30 years of experience. You know your stuff very well ;) 
Score
March 5, 2013 5:49:54 PM

toms doesnt condone piracy, its againt forum rules to give help for pirated games.
rg mechanics is a cracking group not a legitimate vendor so go elsewhere.
Score
March 5, 2013 6:03:39 PM

Piracy

When someone installs and uses commercial software without paying for the program, it is called "pirating" the software. This name comes from the traditional meaning of the word "pirate," which is a sea-faring criminal that steals and loots belongings from others. But far from the stereotypical sea pirate, a software pirate can be anyone who owns a computer. Software piracy is committed by simply downloading or copying a program that a user has not paid for.

Since computer programs are stored in a digital format, they are easy to copy and reproduce. For example, a game may be burned to a CD and transferred to the computer of an individual who has not paid for the program. Software programs can also be illegally downloaded from the Internet from unauthorized sources. Since pirating software does not require many resources, it has grown into a major problem for the computer industry.

While it may seem like an innocuous act, pirating software is the same as stealing. Software companies often invest thousands or even millions of dollars into creating the programs they sell. The income from selling these programs is what allows companies to produce the software and to continue improving the programs we use. Just because it is possible to copy a software program does not mean it is OK. Installing a commercial program from an illegal copy is the same thing as walking out of a store with the program and not paying for it.

While there are some programs that are free to use (such as shareware and freeware programs), it is important to pay for commercial software. You can avoid software piracy by only downloading software from authorized sources and making sure that you have valid software licenses for all the programs you use. Remember that paying for software programs supports the software industry, which is good for all of us!

techterms.com

******* More info on Software Piracy *******
http://www.ehow.com/about_6311820_software-piracy_.html
Score
!