Problems installing The Sims 2 onto another computer

Samantha43012

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
I am trying to install my The Sims 2 game onto my current computer but during the installation it tells me it can not install because the game is already active. What should I do to be able to install the game?

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
You can only install the game X amount of times. That said, say you have a desktop, a laptop, and for sake of giving an example, we'll say you also have a computer at your parents' place. So 3 total computers.

As part of DRMs (ubisoft is big on those) you only get 3 activation with the game. If you've installed the game on your desktop, and on your laptop, then you've already taken up 2 (out of 3) activation. Keep in mind that when you uninstall the game, you get that activation back!

But say your desktop crashed, you've just lost 1 activation which means you only have 2 total activations left. It's why you always uninstall your programs as much as you can before reinstalling windows.

Could it be that you didn't "uninstall" that game before and lost activations...and now you don't have any left?

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

Contact EA.

I think their EA Support chat is particularly helpful (if you have an EA account/Origin account).

https://help.ea.com/