Sign in with
Your question

Best water cooling solution regardless of price ?

Last response: in Overclocking
May 29, 2004 4:06:42 PM

I'm planning on having a rig custom built and i've just decided not to go for a mach 2 cus the fx-53 seems to work best a 2.8Ghz(won't go past 2.9 stable)which can be reached with water ... or so i've read .

so I was wondering what should I buy, regardless of price / difficulty to set up, that has the best stability/ performance?

It's next to impossible to just get a clear cut answer.... i've spent hrs reading reviews of prommy systems and water cooling setups ... only getting more confused with every conflicting review.

thanks , soz if this has been asked a million times b4.

The trick to flying is being able to throw yourself at the ground and miss - 42 -
May 29, 2004 6:53:24 PM

scotty, what spec sys would you buy with 3000euro/ 3650$.

I'm going nuts at this stage ..every time i'm about to commit to a buy sys I read another article that says " oh no wait till the next Q" or something like that.

I was about two clicks away from getting a mach2 gt sys before the whole dual pcx graphics solution thing from alienware was announced .....

And you can bet money on there being like 10 other companies working double time to copy them...

not to mention wanting a 6800U then X800XT then 1 then the other ..cheating? wait .. what? no .. yes .etc etc etc

just no idea what to do...don't want to waste a [-peep-] load of cash on somthing stupid but I have to by a new pc cus i'm running on like a 1700xp/ gf4 /256ddr. which is just stupid.( been neglecting my pc for last 2 yrs cus of exams)

cheers

---soz bit off topic .

The trick to flying is being able to throw yourself at the ground and miss - 42 -<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by zaphood on 05/29/04 07:55 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
Related resources
May 30, 2004 3:29:34 AM

Well currently, this is what i would get...

Athlon64 3400+
2x512 PC3700 ram(OCZ/Corsair whichever you prefer)
MSI K8N Platinum(Nvidia Nforce3 250 chipset)
X800Pro(I would wait for the XT)
2x120G SATA150 7200rpm hdds(WD/Seagate/Maxtor)
A good old trusty SB Audigy 2
A decent Enermax 460 watt psu would handle this.

I would get a Prometeia MachI, just because it's like less than half the price of MachII GT, and on Athlon64, the GT is like a overkill. Then get a watercooling kit, not necessarily great ones, just for your video card with a peltier waterblock.

<A HREF="http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/myrig.php?do=view..." target="_new">My PC</A>
May 30, 2004 3:29:34 AM

Well currently, this is what i would get...

Athlon64 3400+
2x512 PC3700 ram(OCZ/Corsair whichever you prefer)
MSI K8N Platinum(Nvidia Nforce3 250 chipset)
X800Pro(I would wait for the XT)
2x120G SATA150 7200rpm hdds(WD/Seagate/Maxtor)
A good old trusty SB Audigy 2
A decent Enermax 460 watt psu would handle this.

I would get a Prometeia MachI, just because it's like less than half the price of MachII GT, and on Athlon64, the GT is like a overkill. Then get a watercooling kit, not necessarily great ones, just for your video card with a peltier waterblock.

<A HREF="http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/myrig.php?do=view..." target="_new">My PC</A>
May 31, 2004 11:21:25 AM

within reason, I ment... If I can get more or less the same performance from a top of the line water cooling setup why bother with phase cooling?

the fx-53can be oced to 2.8ghz on water and from what i've heard thats the optimal oc for that chip and at the mo the fx-53 is the best card aint it? - gaming wise

talked to a few people and i'm going to wait for btx, 939s/ D0 and hook that up with a mach2.

northbridge cooling might be a problem with the new ocz ram tho .

bah . gona give rough specs to the guy building it in about 4-6mths and hope he makes the right choices .

The trick to flying is being able to throw yourself at the ground and miss - 42 -
May 31, 2004 11:38:12 AM

i've heard that the performace increase of the x800s ( will defo get the XT pe ) is nominal on anything less than the fx cards?

OCZs EL DDR PC-4800 Dual Channel running at 600mhz looks sexy...

the Sata wd raptors are looking good with their 10k rpm and can be picked up for like 250euro for a 75 gig drive ...

can you even buy mach 1s now?

yea defo sb audigy 2 zs

=) i'm looking for overkill.

anyway in 4-6mths hopefully there'll be a clear cut victor in respect of cpu / mobos /grphixs cards..

and any prommy sys w/ water for the vga/nortbridge will be sweet.

thanks for the advice.

*** sorry for the off topic thread and thanks again.

The trick to flying is being able to throw yourself at the ground and miss - 42 -<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by zaphood on 05/31/04 12:43 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
!