GA-8PENXP vs. P4C800-E Deluxe

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
I need a mobo that supports 400/533/800 FSB. I am currently torn between Gigabyte GA-8PENXP and ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe.

Both seem to have been receiving very good reviews. Both seem to have pretty much the same features. Both have Award BIOS. ASUS costs about $20 less. My major concern is reliability.

Which one should I get and most importantly <font color=red>why</font color=red>?

Any opinions are welcome.

<font color=green>"The creative powers of English morphology are pathetic compared to what we find in other languages." (Steven Pinker, The Language Instinct)</font color=green> :cool: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Slava on 06/02/04 10:56 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Neither, both are overpriced.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
I think you should just go for the I865PE chipset, they're like half the price, and most of them has PAT enabled, they're within 3-5% of I875P's performance.

<A HREF="http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/myrig.php?do=view&id=17301" target="_new">My PC</A>

etp777

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2004
Yeah, definitely don't pay the premium for the i875, not worth it.

Most all the big manufacturers enable it on 865s now(believe Asus was first, but too lazy to search for that). Just make sure you get good memory before you turn it on. Mine occasionally crashes with it turned on(so I have it turned off right now), but that's with cheapest Corsair memory, not a matched pair, and with stock timings. If I relaxed memory timings, sure it'd work fine.

TRENDING THREADS