Da monster overclocka II

Zeekfu

Distinguished
May 30, 2004
So *ahem* if I wanted to overclock an athlon 64 3200+ what are some good, fairly quiet and efficient and not too costly solutions? What about for a p4 in the 2.8-3.2 (northwood core) range?
Hey, just because it sounds crazy doesn't mean I want to be ignorant about it? :p

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Zalman CNPS7000 AlCu.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Zeekfu

Distinguished
May 30, 2004
Man is that thing a heatsink or an anchor? If I take my comp in the road you think that thing will rip a hole out of my mobo, fall through the seat, floorboards, highway and halfway to china?
*A serious question..because I want to know. :p

*you da man, crash, I got that new dirt cheap mobo you recommended today. I gotta look up the artic silver site for the step by step on cleaning my old heatsink and 1400 cpu up and put it all together so I can fire it up. *ahem* hopefully not literally fire it up, but you know what I mean.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Zeekfu on 06/04/04 06:21 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Nah, modern boards hold the heatsink at 4 points.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>