hotbbq

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2002
Recently finished Halo for the PC, and beyond the audio visual aspects, was not overly impressed. I found many of the missions were quite tedious and drawn out. I also think they could have done a better job with the indoor maps. Too many adjacent rooms look exactly alike. The many vehicles were innovative and brought some needed spark to later missions. The multiplayer is were the real fun is at. My two cents.

<b>Only in America would a drive-up ATM have brail numbers.</b>

Lumathix

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2001
Hey,get outta my head!

Same thoughts here.

<font color=red> "It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations." - Sir Winston Churchill </font color=red>

goblinking

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003
The level design on Halo *was* pretty good...

Then Microsoft bought it for their launch title, and figured it was too short for a flagship game. Bungie had to code about five hours extra gameplay in a very short time, and it seems they ended up just cut-&-pasting huge sections. I'm sure the Library wasn't originally four identical floors...

It's a shame. It seems to leave people with memories of the tedious repetetive bits, rather than the (and feel free to argue this point) excellent gameplay.

Incidentally... how can *anybody* play a game like this on a joypad?

Bakku

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i read the review of this game on THG, and i thought HALO is really interesting and a good game. however, i found exactly the opposite way about this game after i finished it. the levels in this game are just REPEATING, damn......seriously annonying. the choice of weapons avalible are just too few; the graphics is nice, but not really THAT impressive after all, i would say the bumpmap adds quite a interesting effect on the graphics, and that's all the graphics is about. the sound effects are nice, but i really hate the heart beats when you are low in health; i have to turn down my speaker volume everytime i am low in health.

as far as the storyline goes, it's just smooth, not very intriguing nor exceptionally well. i think THG's review is not truthful enough, it gave too much praise (i see "it does not get better than this" through out the whole review) on this game. it may be the greatest FPS on xbox (i dont own one, so i dont know), definitely it's not the greatest on PC, a lot of other games do get better than halo.

dhlucke

Polypheme
I'm under the impression that the game reviews here are nothing more than paid advertisments by the game makers. Every review praises their game as the best thing since sliced bread.

G

When it first came out on X-box, I really didn't see any flaws but that was b/c I was distracted by the amazing graphics.

I am playing it now on PC, and like you guys I'm a little more critical. I'm still hoping they'll release a co-op patch or some downloadable add-on, plaing thru the campagin on the hardest difficulty with a friend was awesome (except the controls sucked on console).

<A HREF="http://www.tylersite.8k.com/photo3.html" target="_new"> MY KICK ASS SYSTEM </A>

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
Incidentally... how can *anybody* play a game like this on a joypad?
Halo on PC: Where's my pad?! After a ton of multiplayer, the pad feels really accurate!

----------
I'm a nuclear reactor cooling system programmer, if you see me running, it's probably already too late.