660m asus g46vw laptop

Rateddrew

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
Hoow well does the 660m in the asus g series g46vw handle games like battlefield3, skyrim, farcry, and up and coming games like aliens tomb raider and Crysis 3? I can get the laptop for $700. Also is that a good price for the performance? Thanks.

jfernandoghe

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
I algo have that question, and an other rewarding battery life? How does the battery run on nVidia 660M ON and pluged in? How do you know when to plug in or not? If you're playing and you have like 90% left?

lots of read but there is no answer eh? maybe you will get much better respond if tou ask the question on the graphic card section. performance wise 660m is around the same as gtx650. so it will have to struggle for very demanding games like crysis 3. battery wise of course it will use a lot of juice so don't expect long battery life when playing games. if you were at home maybe you want to plug in the power for uninterrupted gaming session. only use the battery when you were truly moving around with your laptop

Med details max resolution or maxed details medium resolution should work fine on that GPU.
Battery wont make the GPU work at load. IF unplugged, you wont be able to play games unless extreamly low details and resolution. (the GPU is not meant to run off the battery).

dday1482

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
It handles those games just fine. You can almost play those games maxed out if you have the laptop plugged in. Getting performance like on the go is pretty good. If you have it running on battery you'll have some lag in gameplay. The battery last about 6 hours if just browsing. I suggest getting the upgraded screen. It's an extra $100 but if your actually using it as a laptop it really makes the games look that much better.