Athlon temperature to aim for?

Patchworkblue

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2003
Howdy all - at the moment, I am more or less satisfied with my CPU temp. My 2500 Barton is showed love by a Thermaltake Volcano 11 Xaser edition, with manual fan control. When I have the fan at max, even at full load, my CPU hovers between 30c and 35c. However, when I have the fan at anything resembling a tolerable noise level, the temperature begins to climb. I am planning on silencing my system, and was wondering about what safe CPU temperature I should try for. I primarily use the system for gaming.
Also, I am thinking about buying that mammoth Zalman heatsink for my 9800 Pro - I have been told that it, without a fan, cools as well or better than the stock ATI gpu fan. Is this true? Thanks for your help!

Women--can't live with them, can't have heterosexual same-species intercourse without them.

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
Buy the Arctic Cooling VGA silencer for your video card, it cools much much better. For your athlon try to keep temp under 60C.

<A HREF="http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/myrig.php?do=view&id=17301" target="_new">My PC</A>