need help with a plain athlon

Tavelkyosoba

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003
hey,

my girlfriend has an athlon 1.3 w/200 fsb, but she doesn't have air conditioning and that thing makes her house really hot.

since i have no control over voltages in the bios, i was wondering if there were programs around that would enable me to lower the voltage and clock on this thing from within windows. the voltage is the biggie.

her system specs(as best as i can remember)
Aopen MK73LE-N
AMD Athlon 1.3 ghz with 200 mgzh fsb
WinXP w/sp1

if you need more info just ask.

thanks all.

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
Try clockgen from cpuid.com

<A HREF="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/celebgay.html" target="_new">click here now!!</A>

<A HREF="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/epilepsyr.shtml" target="_new">DON'T CLICK HERE!!</A>

Tavelkyosoba

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003
thanks, i had a blast with all those little toys...but it says clockgen does not support the motherboard i need to use it for.

is there another program?

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You'll have to cut the multiplier down. That will make it cooler too. I have the same CPU on an A7V in my back-up PC. They run HOT! I run mine at 1.266 for summer fun. I hope she bathes a lot! :smile:

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. Now, let's eat!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I have a solution: water cooling with the radiator outside the house. I have a cheaper solution: connect a dryer duct to the exhaust fans and blow the heat out of the house.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LOL, get this: If the PC sits near a window, you could cut a board for the window to close down on, put a couple holes in it, and run your exhaust out that way. Another solution would be even "cooler", get a water block and connect it to your faucet, and dump the warm water down the drain, but that's not "eath friendly" as it waist a limited natural resource.

Has she considered building a house under ground? LOL.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Tavelkyosoba

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003
a house underground...then we could use the thermal mass of the earth's crust to cool the athlon, brilliant idea!

by the way, water is a limited resource, once it goes down the drain it's gone forever! i hate enviromentalists...

by the way, ill work on a way to make the dryer duct look pretty,

or i could it make obnoxiously apparant with neon green paint, super bright LED's, and a whole bunch of stickers for components that the computer definatly doesn't have. and then i could put a giant silver spoiler on it, and then paint "honda" on the top of the monitor. yay i invented a new world of case modding!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LOL, we know it's not gone, but it ends up getting mixed with other contaminated water and eventually in the ocean, then it rains and we hopefully get fresh watter again, but much of our fresh water is from glacial reserviors that don't get replenished until we have another ice age!

As for underground houses, I think I heard that caves are like 56 degrees farenheit all year long, you could actually use that system to keep the room WARM!

Tavelkyosoba

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003
well if i used the athlon to heat the tunnel, the treehuggers would start throwing tofu balls at me claiming that im destroying the ozone layer by throwing off the earths sequence of volcanic eruptions.

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've got it! Flash her BIOS to an earlier version that does not support the 1.3! The chip will automatically be underclocked!

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. Now, let's eat!

Tavelkyosoba

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003
i dont think there are any that old...it supports all the way up to axp 2100(palomino) on the same bios.

oh man, i got in trouble with PETA for overclocking my cat(ver3.1 wich i overclocked to 4.0) ...man PETA's worse about warranties that Dell!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by tavelkyosoba on 06/16/04 11:35 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

TRENDING THREADS