My PC games keep crashing?

G

MY specs:

CPU: i5 quad-core 3.2 Ghz
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: GTX 650
PSU: Zalman 500W

What keeps happening is after a little while my games just crash. I'll be in the middle of a game and all of a sudden my game will crash and here is the interesting part, NO ERROR MESSAGEs APPEAR.

G

This is a post that I have put in several forums about a PC hardware that I am still having. Could this affect the crashing.

This is the text, below, that I've submitted to all the forums:

I just got my computer literally, 30 minutes ago. It was all set up except all I had to do was put in the power cables, which I did correctly. And the VGA cables for the monitor which I messed up twice. The first time I turned on PC nothing happened, my PC turned on but the monitor didn't so I turned my PC off. I tried it again and nothing happened. Then I realized that my VGA cable was put in the wrong place and I switched it to the right place. Now everything works fine. But there is a slight burning plastic smell, it isn't strong but I can sense it. I asked my mom and she could sense it, later again, I asked her and then she said she didn't smell anything, but I can still smell it. Am I going crazy or what? I know I can smell it. What happened was I plugged my monitor and pc in my outlet next top where my pc was stationed. I used a multiple outlet adapter since there is only one socket. I put the two, pc and monitor, sockets in the the adapter and plugged it into to the wall and it started making this sizzling noise and I immediately pulled it out. I grabbed a different adapter and plugged that into a completely different socket. Then I plugged the PC and monitor into that different socket and everything worked fine but there was this slight smell of burning. My computer works fine right now.

G

I have been only playing two games. TF2 and Napoleon: Total War. The first game that crashed for me was TF2. Everything was working fine for a bit and then the game just kicked me out. Then I went back into TF2 and I notice that my ping was through the roof, something like 600.

Later I installed Napoleon: Total War. I entered the game and as soon as I went in the game, the game crashed. I immediately went back into it and it worked for like 10-15 minutes and it crashed again.

BuddiLuva

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
First thing first,

Download a program called speedfan and check what temperature your CPU is at, then monitor it whilst you're playing a game.

Make sure all your drivers are up to date, also make sure that your game is patched to the latest too.