Best Sound System

Flomps

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
can someone recommend me a good sound system with loads of bass (did i word that correctly?) if its surround sound thats great. im willing to spend £300

phil_livesey

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
Bass is not the most important thing in speakers, just to let you know. However, as TheOwnKnown3 said, we need to know what they are being used for, where they are going, how big the room is going to be, what type of connections you want on them etc.

Flomps

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012

sorry, im pretty new to sound (i just use the built in speakers) so i didnt know what to say.
im going to use them to play bass boosted, dubstep and those kinds of music, ill play games with them. the room is probably 12feet long by 6 feet wide. ill also watch movies on them. i dont want them in the wall. wall-mounted is best but on the desk is alright, i want it surround sound so i think the speakers should be on the corners of the room.

Aug 15, 2012
I currently use a X-Fi Titanium soundcard with a set of Logitech Z-5500. Pit them up against a set of Bose Companion speakers and the Bose had one thing on my Logitechs, Clarity. BUT the person who owned the Bose had to replace them 3 times already over a course of 4 months. I think it's because Bose uses paper cones in their speakers rather than something more durable. The RMS in the Logitechs maxes at 1,000 meaning they can get loud. Real loud and not have the crackling that other systems may have. The 12" sub is a monster as well. Surround sound is another big plus the Z-5500 has as most Bose is 2.1. If you get a good sound system I strongly recommend getting a PCI soundcard. They can have very nice effects as well as better clarity than basically all on board audio.

Flomps

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
okay guys i got a temp replacement (ill attach a pic)
however it struggles when going very loud, should i be concerned?
picture0049t.jpg

EDIT:heres the link to them: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-OEM-S220-Speaker-Black/dp/B000QWFI9A/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1361194155&sr=8-10