What Games With Great Stories Would You Recommend?

kenng

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
I've been getting bored with the recent FPS's I've been playing and decided to go back to story/rpg games. Games like Kingdom Hearts 2 (My favorite game of all time), Darksiders, The Elder scrolls, Mass Effect, ect. The only problem is I cant thing of any games that I know about that really interest me. Do you guys have any recommendations? Please don't recommend games that aren't on pc because as much as I would love to play them, I don't have a console.

iplikator3333

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013

I would definitely recommend The Witcher 2

ZakX11

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Great story eh?
Might I recommend the new Devil May cry game.
Not an RPG though but yet I really liked the story. Dunno why fanboys are complaining though.
Anyways if ur looking for an RPG with a good story then the original fable is pretty good. I think you DO get it on PC.
Although I do second iplikator on the Witcher 2.

ZakX11

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011

But he said he was tired of FPS games.
But yea Half life 1 and 2 are really worth checking out for the story.

Hi :)

Half life was the best and is definitely a FPS... I still play its multiplayer even now.... 14 years later... as do a lot of other people....

All the best Brett :)

haider95

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
+1 For devil may cry series. If you're gonna play play them in this order

1:DmC 2013
2:DMC3 Dante's awakening
3: DMC1
4:DMC4

I wouldn't even bother touching DMC2 since its not all that and has nothing to do with the main story line. Id recommend using a joystick :D .. I'm not much of a serious gamer but DMC3 brought a tear into my eyes with its ending. (Dont wanna spoil it)
Metal Gear Solid remains my number 1 game with story line. Endless manly tears were shed

Shade151

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
The Witcher 1 and 2, Arkham City, Dear Esther, Assasin's Creed, Alan Wake, Dead Space.

Just a few off the top of my head. All have great story-lines and gameplay, none are FPS, though Dead Space is a shooter. Anyway If you don't mind digging out some older games...

Myst + Riven, StarCraft 1, The Longest Journey, American McGee's Alice, Knights of the Old Republic 1+2, are all worth a few playthroughs.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent?

It is a FPS Horror/Survival game. Yes, it is an FPS, but there are no weapons. You don't fight. You run and hide. What's the point? To regain your memory and figure out a mystery. All you know is your name and that someone or something is hunting you.

http://www.amnesiagame.com/

ZakX11

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011

But Here's the problem.
He said he doesn't have a console. So he won't be able to play MGS games (excluding mgs 1 and 2) and also the first dmc game. They aren't available on PC.