Sign in with
Your question

Crysis2 or crysis1......better gfx?????

Last response: in Video Games
February 9, 2013 7:11:26 AM

ummmmm.....
I know i may feel stupid here..but ......ummmm....i have to say it..!!!!
I can't hold it any more...
I have played through crysis 1, warhead and cryis 2 many times aloof....
My first playthrough was to basically enjoy the game and my subsequent playthroughs were to decide which was the best looking of the three......!!
I have read it innumerous times about crysis 1 and warhead (built on cry engine2) being superior to their successor,,namely crysis 2...

TBH i don't agree...maybe the deep layered gfx stuff ( like texture downscaling and more interactive foliage) were better in crysis 1 but overall i liked the graphics of crysis 2 more satisfying to me......

I have spent months comparing the screenshots of both the games and i still cannot make myself believe about crysis 1 being the winner........... I really think that crysis 2 is better LOOKING.....
I would like to hear more opinions.......!!!!
Yay guys...!!! Yay....

More about : crysis2 crysis1 gfx

February 9, 2013 7:14:51 AM

i would like to hear opinions on the original dx9 launched version and not about the revamped and modded dx11ones b'coz that causes controversies...
m
l
February 9, 2013 10:33:33 AM

any opinions......guys......!!!!
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 9, 2013 3:28:11 PM

armageddon007 said:
i would like to hear opinions on the original dx9 launched version and not about the revamped and modded dx11ones b'coz that causes controversies...

With or without mods, Crysis2 is better graphically. The lighting is vastly improved in Crysis2, and that's huge. This is evidenced by a lot of the projects at CryDev that were ported from CryEngine2 into CryEngine3. The difference is quite stark.

There is no controversy about modded Crysis2, it looks fantastic.
m
l
February 9, 2013 4:31:36 PM

alas.....someone who agrees with my point......
well....more opinions are a welcome.....
m
l
!