Which dev is your favorite?

Which PC game developer is your favorite?

• Total voters

ChilledGrease

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Hi, I'm interested to know which PC game developer (out of these) the Tom's Hardware community likes best in terms of the quality of games produced.

Shade151

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Em... Ouch, this is a tough choice. But I have to say Bethesda, I've never played a fallout game or an elderscrolls title, but I play more games with that name in front of it than any other on this list.

Ubisoft Montreal is a close second with so many of my favorite games; PoP:SoT, AC, Farcry and all their sequels.

Blizzard would be next for the amount of time I spend playing their classic titles, and anytime I can play 15yr old games and have a good time I think they were doing it right.

Valve, Irrational Games, Gearbox in that order, each for their own 2-3 game series. (lumping the original portal into the HL universe as the Original dev's intended). But while I enjoy the games, the developers have only done 1 game that captured my interest. After that it was just looking forward to sequels and spin-offs.

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
That's really a tough one.

GSC Game World and 4A Games (former employees of GSC) would have to rank among my favorites, just because they dev'd S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Metro:2033. GSC is gone, but I believe 4A was recently sold when its publisher (THQ) went bankrupt. I believe 4A is still alive, but now owned by Koch Media.

Crytek would probably be my overall favorite from an engine standpoint, but I'm not really excited with the direction their games have gone post-Crysis Warhead.

I think CD Projekt is one to look out for in the future. I like how they're still interested storytelling and the SP experience. I think Cyberpunk 2077 and Witcher 3 might end up being some really cool projects.

ZakX11

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Ubisooooooft
Valve can't count for ***
Crytek assumes we all have million dollar computers , joking of course ;)
Irrational games are good but don't have many hard hitting series
Bioware can't think of anything except mass effect , DA2 proves that
EA DICE just no. I don't even like battlefield
GearBox is fiiine but borderlands aint gonna cut it
Bethesda for me are only good for fallout but fallout NV made me lose faith
Don't even mention blizzard I hate MMORPGs. I just hate them.

Also Watch Dogs looked pretty kick-ass during E3

DragonClaw

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012

Did you play Battlefield 3 online?
Watch Dogs looked awesome, but when will it be released? There's no hype for this game.

ZakX11

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011

Yea about 25-30 hours in one year , lvld up to around 30ish or so but no matter what I couldn't like the game. I was bored out of my mind