Your question

Blue Screen of Death

Tags:
  • Blue Screen
  • Memory
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
November 6, 2010 3:18:34 AM

This is a constant and random issue that I have. I've formatted my computer, I've swapped in and out hard drives, etc. I've done everything I can.

I have noticed a significant amount of BSOD's when World of Warcraft freezes & Locks up. To boot, I'm having CPU over heating issues.

My question is; Does CPU overheating cause BSOD?

Today; I had a new message, still a BSOD, something about "MEMORY" or MEMORY OVERUSED. Something to do with memory, and then it did a memory dump.

More about : blue screen death

November 6, 2010 5:19:00 AM

is your cpu overclocked and what kind of thermal paste are you using? those are 2 questions i have for you.
m
l
November 6, 2010 5:57:22 PM

That's one thing I haven't quite understood. I had this problem since the day I built my Computer. Sometimes it would show up, and sometimes it wouldn't.

Is my computer overclocked?

Windows 7 Properties says No, However AI Suite says I'm overclocked from 2.66ghz to 2.77Ghz. I don't know which to believe.

What kind of Thermal Paste am I using?

Well, laugh at me all you want, I was a noob and didn't know I needed to buy extra thermal paste when I built my computer. Now I know this from previous posts about overheating issues. So, to answer the question; just the little smidge on the bottom of the heatsink when i bought the CPU.

I'm actually going to go purchase some thermal paste and see if that helps any. If it doesn't, i'm sending my Motherboard, CPU & Heatsink back to ASUS & Intel to get replacements.
m
l
Related resources
November 13, 2010 9:02:56 PM

go to your bios and lower your fsb and see what happens
m
l
November 15, 2010 6:46:23 PM

Yeah, I have no idea how to do that mikegrimlr. I'm not into changing settings like that, I don't know what I'm doing so i don't mess with it.
m
l
a b } Memory
a b $ Windows 7
November 16, 2010 1:48:07 AM

if u wan't get BSOD don't Overclock, Overclock can make headache,damage Hardware, waste money!
m
l
November 16, 2010 6:45:29 PM

What are your specs? (ALL) Motherboard, Memory, CPU, PSU, GPU, HDD...or...Dell XXXX, HP XXXX, ect.
m
l
!