Aero7+

craqon

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2003
I upgraded (???) from my old stockie cooler to the Aero7+. I know it is not the greatest one around, but the only one available at time.

But my temp hasn't dropped at all, actually it's higher. (47 degrees C without load)

Anyone else have the same problems with this cooler? And yes, I did use the heatpaste. (the ones provided was really sh1t, was more oil than anything else)

Is it back to old silent stock cooler for me, where I could overclock me Barton 2500 to 3200 on a cold day?

__
I don't have to body of Superman, or the agility of Spiderman, or the brains of Dr. Doom, but I do lick like Lassy.

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
You sure got that right, it's a piece of sh*t, but i don't think it's worth than the stockcooling, did you clean off the thermal paste on the CPU before applying the new stuff?

<A HREF="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/celebgay.html" target="_new">click here now!!</A>

<A HREF="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/epilepsyr.shtml" target="_new">DON'T CLICK HERE!!</A>

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
Get some arctic silver 5, go to the pharmacy, ask the clerk behind the counter for the 99% alcohol (it's not on the shelf, you have to ask for it) clean everything off real well and apply the arctic silver 5. You should see an improvement. Don't use crap like finger nail polish remover, it has fragrence oils and other junk that inhibits thermal transfer properties of ur thermal paste.

Mobile XP 2600+ (11X200)
Abit NF7-S v 2.0
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB Corsair Twinx 3200LL
BBA 9800 Pro
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
Win98SE

craqon

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2003
Thanks guys, I'll try that.

One of my friends had a similiar issue, but after changing his powersupply everything went back to normal. Odd one. And I really have a crap PSU. Dammit. Was so much easier overclocking my K6. At least there the CPU would make proper contact with the HSF.

Pity the Arctic Silver is like chicken teeth down in this country.

__
I don't have to body of Superman, or the agility of Spiderman, or the brains of Dr. Doom, but I do lick like Lassy.