"Crisis 3 Beta has stopped working." Help!?

EchoTwoOne

Honorable
May 2, 2012
This isn't a major concern of mine but I would like to know what you guys think. It is annoying to be on a streak and then crash.

I've had my rig for almost a year now, and I'm still tweaking/learning, but I've never had a game crash like the Crisis 3 Beta has. This isn't a driver crash, cpu freakout, blue screen, and my 570s take the Crisis 3 Beta like champs. It just stops working. Ctrl-Alt-Delete and I quit it.

I can play it for about half an hour before it crashes, and nothing taxing can be on the screen, but I suddenly crash.

I've tried under-clocking, overclocking, and stock to see if it would stop crashing, but no matter my methods I crash after about half an hour. I've tried to see if my cards or CPU are going bad by playing other games and clocking them in the same manner but they can run for hours and don't even get much of a hiccup. (BF3, PS2, and the like.)

Rig Details:

-Intel 2500k @ 4.5Ghz 1.35V (Hyper 212+) (Idle 30C Load 55C)
-Asus Sabertooth P67 (Optional board fan installed)
-16GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 2133 (Don't like to be overclocked)
-Msi 570 PE/OC TF3 x 2 (SLI) Stable overclock w/volts @ 915/2200 (Idle 35C Load 68C) Tried 310.90 and 313.96 Drivers
-Seagate 1TB HDD x 2 (One HDD is a backup)
-Cooler Master Storm Stryker Case (7 Corsair Case Fans) Loud but I use G930 Headphones.
-Corsair 1200 AXi PSU (Over-Kill)
-Windows 7 64-Bit
-3D Mark Vantage P36994

KnightNight

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
It's more than likely due to something overheating.
I'm not an expert but if you've never fully pushed your GPU's which it's kinda unlikely that you have, then they could be overheating. Try pushing them up to a higher fan setting or something. It could also be you CPU overheating so check that too.
Although it will be impossible to test now because the beta has ended make sure it doesn't happen with other games just in case.

EchoTwoOne

Honorable
May 2, 2012

That could be the case, however I keep the statistics of maximum temperature reached on both GPUs and the CPU and, as mentioned before, in sustained game-play nether even touch the 70C mark (2 hours of BF3 and 2 hours of PS2). The 'Twin Frozr III' GPU cooler was the best ,already equipped, air based cooler for the 570 and the temps show that. My Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus is in push/pull configuration as well. My rig is arguably at its full 'air' cooling potential.

Now it is quite possible that there may be some part some where overheating, but I find that to be the least likely do to: extreme case ventilation and it may have to do with the Crisis 3 Beta not having 'very' good SLI support.

As for pushing my GPUs... I was able, at one point, to push one of them to 1Ghz with just the equipped cooler but that was on the week that it arrived and the overclock was only 'stable' through one run of 3D Mark 11. I have yet to push the SLI configuration to its full potential on air but I would LOVE to see how they do underwater.

BUT this topic is now irrelevant seeing as the Beta is now over and it should probably be closed.