Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Best settings for Witcher 2 Enhanded edition?

Last response: in Video Games
February 9, 2013 8:30:03 PM

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right spot for this post. I recently bought and installed the Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition but I was hoping I was going to be able to max it out and still get a consistent 40 FPS+.

I do understand that the "Ubersampling" setting does not really count but I have it maxed on everything else based on "ultra spec" settings with Ubersampling disabled. I am only getting like 30 FPS.

These are my PC specs:

i5 3570K OCd to 3.8 GHZ
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC (2 GB)
Patriot Xtreme DDR3 PC1600 (8 GB)
AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 motherboard

I have no issues with Skyrim completely modded out with all the FXAA and other powerful graphic processors and get 45 FPS+ easy.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Ynygma

More about : settings witcher enhanded edition

Best solution

February 9, 2013 8:48:25 PM

I'm sorry to say that The Witcher 2 is far more demanding than Skyrim. You should be able to gain some FPS by turning off v-sync and DoF options as well as what you already know about, turn off ubersampling. You might also go without any sort of AA, or at least no higher than x4 msaa.
February 9, 2013 9:10:30 PM

Interesting. So what specs would you need to run everything on full with 60 FPS?
Score
Related resources
February 9, 2013 9:26:55 PM

I don't know if that is possible. Without ubersampling, and 1080p, 680 sli might do it.
Score
February 9, 2013 9:35:10 PM

Wow, that is pretty hefty...

So if I added another HD 7850 OC in Crossfire, that might do it?

It is amazing how performance hungry this game is, and it is still a DirectX 9 game. I really enjoy it, but I might have to wait to play it more because I have my PC outputted to my 1080p 50" Plasma, but the text is just too damn hard to read:(  The current text/ui mods don't have an answer yet for Enhanced Edition so I might just go back to Skyrim. I wanted to go with Witcher2 because I read it really pushes your system and I wanted to see how well it handled on my rig. I am not really into the FPS thing anymore which is why I have not tried Crysis, BF3, etc.

Ynygma
Score
February 9, 2013 10:16:49 PM

You don't have to play the game maxed out to enjoy it. PC gaming is different than console gaming. They are designed with lots of levels of visual improvements so that people with all different types of systems can fine tune them to their system. Even at medium or lower settings, they are still nicer than a console game.
Score
February 9, 2013 10:50:28 PM

Best answer selected by ynygma.
Score
February 9, 2013 10:55:37 PM

Quote:
You don't have to play the game maxed out to enjoy it.

I wholeheartedly agree, but that is where the anal side of me come into play;) I spent more time modding Skyrim than playing it and had just as much fun:)  I just like to know if I am tuning my system correctly to get the most out of it. The Wirtcher2 really is the first game I have come across since I upgraded my PC last summer, to really task my system.

And I do enjoy console games, I am looking forward to what Sony does with the Orbis, but since I can hook up my 360 controller to my PC with all the same functionality, I get the best of both worlds, PC and console gaming; I just wish they would bring Halo 4 to PC:( 

Ynygma
Score
February 9, 2013 10:58:17 PM

If you just started The Witcher 2, you'll be happy to know that once you leave the city area, in the prologue, the FPS improve a lot.
Score
February 9, 2013 11:07:13 PM

That is good to know:)  I think I will come down in resolution a bit so I can read the fonts though.
Score
!