Humans and Modern Day Life

gcmartini

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Hiya.

Before you read, I wrote this because I feel very sad for what our race has come too. I am not saying that this is you.

There are not many people in the world that even think about or consider this fact, so I will try to tell you.

Humans are a messed up race now days. We are driven to get the best and be the best compared to other people. It seems like were all trying to stay on top, when really, it doesn't benefit us in any salubrious way. We are connected to sexual behaviour and money. We are selfish. Media has impacted us tremendously because we let it happen. It's loaded with ungenuine junk; sexual images and fancy clothing; it makes life seem like a big game of monkey see - monkey do. It is all a modern racket. Dirty jokes are selling like their is no tomorrow and physical characteristics are the only thing that matter in this generation.

You see humans hugging their black berry like it's the only thing that matters, driving that BMW when that 99' Civic will complete the exact same task and complaining about the most idiotic situation. What is their to complain about? There is a kid in God knows where that is starving for a grain of rice. What if we were all like that? There would be no hope to revive us humans. Luckily, we are all "fine", but we still don't bother to support that little African child (with a fly sucking the water out of his eye because thats the only source of water) with all our wealth. We are to caught up with what we call "life". We just keep going and going, not focusing on any true goal, but money. Money is just printed paper. It burns. It's a necessity in this modern day and age, but it's unnecessary to be used for that 60 dollar phone plan when it can supply a homeless family with running water and a meal.

The Earth is one big phenomenon with no clue on how we've been put here. A mix of science and religion I guess.
This is the one thing I care about the most and we treat it like its nothing. Not many people care about it. We think that every things going to be OK, but it isn't. Animals die every day because of our harmful actions that we are aware of. We are always waiting for someone to clean up our mess for us, but we know it's never going to happen. The creator gave us this work of art called Earth and us humans freewill. We need to use it for betterment, not destruction. We are using Earth's resources to create our weapons. We steal from it and leave out it's true essence in what we construct. We do it for the benefit of us. We take and take and take from Earth. What in the hell do we give back?

Us humans are stupid. Straight-up dumb. We need to change, but not many people are willing to participate. By the looks of it, there is no hope. I don't even know why I still try. If we need to change, we have to be whole. Yea, cheesy, but it's true. One person can't make this happen and I'm not saying we will make this happen. We just need to start small. Just because you can doesn't mean you have to. Those 15 dollar jeans bear the same purpose as the 80 dollar ones. That junky car can do the job fine. And stop complaining cause that homeless 8 year old doesn't. Look at the situation he is in.

All I'm saying is think. Use your freewill as it was intended to be used. We can't keep living like this. It really seems like being dead is the way to go in order to be saved from the rough trail ahead.

These are strange days indeed.

I am not trading in my new 5 series or BB Curve, or my 501's, and if he even starts about my spa, music studio or $3000 outdoor BBQ with the side wok, built in casserole tray, amd rotisserie (yeah ... it goes slightly slower which cooks chicken better than the Intel one) then I am going to get really mad.

/heads off for a spraytan, massage and pedicure.

:)

gcmartini

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

But do you really need it? I'm sure that 150 dollar barbecue will do the trick, or even an open fire on that chicken. And that curve, can't you call people with that 50 dollar phone? You have a black berry because everyone has one. Thats what it's like. Sure, everyone likes to live rich and in comfort, but to much is not necessary.

Ummmm
So, people making 3000$ bbqs arent worthy of work?
Or spas either?
If the intentions are to use anything to its capabilities, then whats wrong with that?
If something provides something unique, or just plain better, its not worth spending on?
And cost is the only reason?
Peronally, I dont give nothing in a vacuum less, if people go around and tout their things.
If they have that problem, then so be it.

gcmartini

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
You are absolutely right.
The only reason why I say this is because humans are greedy.
Down to the beginning life of that barbecue, parts are most likely made in China for around 350 dollars (lets say). The parts are then shipped to the entrepreneur in North America to be manufactured by workers. This labor costs around 150 dollars (lets say). The finished product is then sold to retail for 1500 dollars (lets say). The retail store then raises the price by 100% (all leading stores do this) costing the consumer a total of 3000 dollars (lets say).

This is the greed. We construct our parts in China because it's the cheapest labor force. We manufacture it here so it looks like we have all the credit. We sell the products for 1000 dollars profit (when it could be even 900 dollars less) and then sell it for a maximum profit of 2500 dollars (again, this number could be decreased tremendously).

Yes, these companies need the profit to help supply their working force with transportation, machinery and resources. But if the companies that made the transportation, machinery, and gathered resources all lowered their rates, it would not be a problem. It's a huge cycle that can't be reduced with one companies good. It is all the other industries that have to make it happen.
If humans were civil and cared for one another, they wouldn't worry about the greatest profit to maintain.
I'll get back to you. I'm on the run. Another thing us humans are forced to do.

gcmartini

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

Don't worry about it. I am just in negative awe about what people do. I'm happy for you. The only reason we live is for pleasure, right? So I should not be complaining. Most of my pleasure comes from doing things for people. When I know this guy has nothing to live for, I give him five bucks. He drinks it. There's nothing I want more then to keep humans positively sane.

I prefer the existentialist approach - freedom of will and responsibility for one's actions.

Google it and have fun.

I'm going to BBQ some barramundi fillets and marinated chicken (honey soy).

Got a new BBQ cover yesterday ... cost me more for the cover than a cheap BBQ too.

Mine's all stainless steel and I adjusted the burners to maximise heat and then replaced the grill with a second hotplate so I don't need more than one burner to cook mostly ... very efficient.

I am going to put up a 500W halide light on the wall behind so it is better to cook after dark.

Might replace my chinese lanterns with LED's too ...

On a roll ...

Didnt Nietzsche die of syphillis induced insanity crying out to God?
I hope you are more of the Søren Kierkegaard school of thought that implies that a leap of faith is a possible means for an individual to reach a higher stage of existence which transcends and contains both an aesthetic and ethical value of life

TY Wikipedia LOL

Nope
just a quick skim
I am more of a Cliff Notes type of guy
at least when it comes to philosophy
A lifetime can be dedicated to studying philosophical works
and personally the greatest philosopher of the Twentieth Century said it all

"I yam what I yam and that is all that I yam"-Popeye circa 1930

that is right up there with Aristotle,Plato etc

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador
I've been teaching myself to deny materialism. Going bald for greatest shave, but such a shame I don't have so much time for community service. If you've seen me irl, you would have thought I was a bum :).

Teaching myself denial of pleasure. Gave up gaming recently. Still don't have a phone.

I really want to attain a higher sense of being. Going to study literature or philsophy or psycology at Uni. I know that only through service to the greater good will allow me to attain that. Consider me your archtypial Netural Good D&D character. :)

I'm not going to pretend to know how the world works, but I know good is good and that tends to be enough.

I edited the bit out of your post where you offered to give away a million dollars to the next guy who posted.

Sorry ...

Remember one thing AMDfangirl
"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"-Shining circa 1978

Psychology can be a good major
also literature
can go into teaching
but philosophy is something you self study and not pay for school for

my advice would be a communications major
great major
can be used for almost any job field