not able to OC at all?!

pap1stik

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2004
So, I took my first stab at overclocking the other day on an ASUS A7A-266 mobo (latest bio rev.) w/ an athlon xp 1900+, and I was able to OC it to 135/38 FSB and boot into windows fine. However, I'm not able to play *any* games like Day of Defeat or run through a benchmarking session of PCMark without my computer freezing, even when I have only OCed by 1mhz FSB (134/34)! I did remember to raise the VCore a little bit (pretty sure it is not that), and my CPU/mobo temperatures have been fine. Should I be tweaking anything else to get a stable overclock of only a few mhz? Thanks!!

<font color=purple> My name is Tom too! </font color=purple> ... <font color=red> (no relation) </font color=red> :wink:

im not sure, but if there is not a PCI/AGP lock that could be causing the problem.Although, I thort hardware could be tollerant of only a 1 mhz increase!!!

<font color=blue>My dick is so big, that my dick has a dick. And my dicks' dick is bigger than yours.</font color=blue>

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
What is the second number supposed to indicate?

Example: "I have only OCed by 1mhz FSB (134/34)!"

What does the "34" mean?

Mobile XP 2600+ (11X200)
Abit NF7-S v 2.0
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB Corsair Twinx 3200LL
BBA 9800 Pro
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
Win98SE

pap1stik

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2004
I believe that is the PCI bus.

<font color=purple> My name is Tom too! </font color=purple> ... <font color=red> (no relation) </font color=red> :wink:

yes, the PCI bus runs defualt at 33mhz, and the AGP at 66mhz.

That's why I said that that could be the problem, although a 1mhz uncrease should still be within tollerance

<font color=blue>My dick is so big, that my dick has a dick. And my dicks' dick is bigger than yours.</font color=blue>

TRENDING THREADS