On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 22:34:29 GMT, Casey <casey@nosuch.net> wrote:

>http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php

Thank you for this notice. Upgrade went just fine.

casey

In article <10d76gnglffrneb@corp.supernews.com>, gimpy@yahoosix.net says...

> "Casey" <casey@nosuch.net> wrote in message
> > http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php Thanks Casey,
> no problem with update

Your welcome. I haven't had a chance to install my b2577 yet.
Did you both just install the new on top of the old and save the
settings? Seems like thats what I did on the last couple of
upgrades.
Casey

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 22:45:06 GMT, Casey <casey@nosuch.net> wrote:

>In article <10d76gnglffrneb@corp.supernews.com>, gimpy@yahoosix.net says...
>>
>> "Casey" <casey@nosuch.net> wrote in message
>> > http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php Thanks Casey,
>> no problem with update
>>

>Your welcome. I haven't had a chance to install my b2577 yet.
>Did you both just install the new on top of the old and save the
>settings? Seems like thats what I did on the last couple of
>upgrades.
>Casey

Installed over the existing program and saved existing settings as
well. Went well.

casey

In article <MPG.1b3f9c435f92d0f4989779@news.easynet.co.uk>, bassbag@bodybags.dragon.wales says...
> In article <MPG.1b3d29cb27bd4c0b98973b@news.west.earthlink.net>,
> casey@nosuch.net says...
> > http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php
> >
> Any idea whats new in this release? and any news of the loopback issue being
> resolved?
> tia
> me

Haven't even had time to install 2577 yet so I don't know what's new.
Sygate has stated that the loopback problem would be fixed in the
next major upgrade. I doubt if it would be included in a build upgrade.
Casey

In article <MPG.1b3f7b86d75ec14598973d@news.west.earthlink.net>,
casey@nosuch.net says...
> In article <MPG.1b3f9c435f92d0f4989779@news.easynet.co.uk>, bassbag@bodybags.dragon.wales says...
> > In article <MPG.1b3d29cb27bd4c0b98973b@news.west.earthlink.net>,
> > casey@nosuch.net says...
> > > http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php
> > >
> > Any idea whats new in this release? and any news of the loopback issue being
> > resolved?
> > tia
> > me
> >
> Haven't even had time to install 2577 yet so I don't know what's new.
> Sygate has stated that the loopback problem would be fixed in the
> next major upgrade. I doubt if it would be included in a build upgrade.
> Casey

Thanks for info..i hope the next major upgrade will be soon as the loopback
issue has been dragging on for well over a year now.Ill keep watching :)
me

casey

In article <MPG.1b3ffbfc5294081e98977a@news.easynet.co.uk>, bassbag@bodybags.dragon.wales says...
> In article <MPG.1b3f7b86d75ec14598973d@news.west.earthlink.net>,
> casey@nosuch.net says...
> > In article <MPG.1b3f9c435f92d0f4989779@news.easynet.co.uk>, bassbag@bodybags.dragon.wales says...
> > > In article <MPG.1b3d29cb27bd4c0b98973b@news.west.earthlink.net>,
> > > casey@nosuch.net says...
> > > >
> > > Any idea whats new in this release? and any news of the loopback issue being
> > > resolved?
> > > tia
> > > me
> > >
> > Haven't even had time to install 2577 yet so I don't know what's new.
> > Sygate has stated that the loopback problem would be fixed in the
> > next major upgrade. I doubt if it would be included in a build upgrade.
> > Casey
> >
> Thanks for info..i hope the next major upgrade will be soon as the loopback
> issue has been dragging on for well over a year now.Ill keep watching :)
> me

This is what I just found in Sygage Forum.
(quote)
With the current SPF 5.x architecture, support for the loopback adapter or "local proxy" does
require major changes to one of the core product engines. This is considered a high risk fix with
both high development costs and resource requirements. However, be assured that we are making
progress towards addressing the local proxy issue. Sygate apologizes for the delay but has chosen
the path towards fully addressing the issue, rather than issuing a patch or partial fix.
(unquote)