    news:MPG.1b3d29cb27bd4c0b98973b@news.west.earthlink.net...
    > http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php Thanks Casey,
    no problem with update

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 22:34:29 GMT, Casey <casey@nosuch.net> wrote:

    >http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php

    Thank you for this notice. Upgrade went just fine.

    In article <10d76gnglffrneb@corp.supernews.com>, gimpy@yahoosix.net says...

    > "Casey" <casey@nosuch.net> wrote in message
    > > http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php Thanks Casey,
    > no problem with update

    Your welcome. I haven't had a chance to install my b2577 yet.
    Did you both just install the new on top of the old and save the
    settings? Seems like thats what I did on the last couple of
    upgrades.
    Casey

    On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 22:45:06 GMT, Casey <casey@nosuch.net> wrote:

    >In article <10d76gnglffrneb@corp.supernews.com>, gimpy@yahoosix.net says...
    >>
    >> "Casey" <casey@nosuch.net> wrote in message
    >> > http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php Thanks Casey,
    >> no problem with update
    >>

    >Your welcome. I haven't had a chance to install my b2577 yet.
    >Did you both just install the new on top of the old and save the
    >settings? Seems like thats what I did on the last couple of
    >upgrades.
    >Casey

    Installed over the existing program and saved existing settings as
    well. Went well.

    In article <MPG.1b3d29cb27bd4c0b98973b@news.west.earthlink.net>,
    casey@nosuch.net says...
    > http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php

    Any idea whats new in this release? and any news of the loopback issue being
    resolved?
    tia
    me

    In article <MPG.1b3f9c435f92d0f4989779@news.easynet.co.uk>, bassbag@bodybags.dragon.wales says...
    > In article <MPG.1b3d29cb27bd4c0b98973b@news.west.earthlink.net>,
    > casey@nosuch.net says...
    > > http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php
    > >
    > Any idea whats new in this release? and any news of the loopback issue being
    > resolved?
    > tia
    > me

    Haven't even had time to install 2577 yet so I don't know what's new.
    Sygate has stated that the loopback problem would be fixed in the
    next major upgrade. I doubt if it would be included in a build upgrade.
    Casey

    In article <MPG.1b3f7b86d75ec14598973d@news.west.earthlink.net>,
    casey@nosuch.net says...
    > In article <MPG.1b3f9c435f92d0f4989779@news.easynet.co.uk>, bassbag@bodybags.dragon.wales says...
    > > In article <MPG.1b3d29cb27bd4c0b98973b@news.west.earthlink.net>,
    > > casey@nosuch.net says...
    > > > http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php
    > > >
    > > Any idea whats new in this release? and any news of the loopback issue being
    > > resolved?
    > > tia
    > > me
    > >
    > Haven't even had time to install 2577 yet so I don't know what's new.
    > Sygate has stated that the loopback problem would be fixed in the
    > next major upgrade. I doubt if it would be included in a build upgrade.
    > Casey

    Thanks for info..i hope the next major upgrade will be soon as the loopback
    issue has been dragging on for well over a year now.Ill keep watching :)
    me

    In article <MPG.1b3ffbfc5294081e98977a@news.easynet.co.uk>, bassbag@bodybags.dragon.wales says...
    > In article <MPG.1b3f7b86d75ec14598973d@news.west.earthlink.net>,
    > casey@nosuch.net says...
    > > In article <MPG.1b3f9c435f92d0f4989779@news.easynet.co.uk>, bassbag@bodybags.dragon.wales says...
    > > > In article <MPG.1b3d29cb27bd4c0b98973b@news.west.earthlink.net>,
    > > > casey@nosuch.net says...
    > > > >
    > > > Any idea whats new in this release? and any news of the loopback issue being
    > > > resolved?
    > > > tia
    > > > me
    > > >
    > > Haven't even had time to install 2577 yet so I don't know what's new.
    > > Sygate has stated that the loopback problem would be fixed in the
    > > next major upgrade. I doubt if it would be included in a build upgrade.
    > > Casey
    > >
    > Thanks for info..i hope the next major upgrade will be soon as the loopback
    > issue has been dragging on for well over a year now.Ill keep watching :)
    > me

    This is what I just found in Sygage Forum.
    (quote)
    With the current SPF 5.x architecture, support for the loopback adapter or "local proxy" does
    require major changes to one of the core product engines. This is considered a high risk fix with
    both high development costs and resource requirements. However, be assured that we are making
    progress towards addressing the local proxy issue. Sygate apologizes for the delay but has chosen
    the path towards fully addressing the issue, rather than issuing a patch or partial fix.
    (unquote)

Firewalls Security Networking