Sygate v5.5b2577 ready for D/L

Last response: in Networking
Share
June 19, 2004 2:34:29 AM

http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php

More about : sygate 5b2577 ready

June 19, 2004 2:34:30 AM

"Casey" <casey@nosuch.net> wrote in message
news:MPG.1b3d29cb27bd4c0b98973b@news.west.earthlink.net...
> http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php Thanks Casey,
no problem with update
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 19, 2004 5:11:02 AM

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 22:34:29 GMT, Casey <casey@nosuch.net> wrote:

>http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php

Thank you for this notice. Upgrade went just fine.
June 20, 2004 2:45:06 AM

In article <10d76gnglffrneb@corp.supernews.com>, gimpy@yahoosix.net says...

> "Casey" <casey@nosuch.net> wrote in message
> > http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php Thanks Casey,
> no problem with update

Your welcome. I haven't had a chance to install my b2577 yet.
Did you both just install the new on top of the old and save the
settings? Seems like thats what I did on the last couple of
upgrades.
Casey
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 20, 2004 7:34:03 AM

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 22:45:06 GMT, Casey <casey@nosuch.net> wrote:

>In article <10d76gnglffrneb@corp.supernews.com>, gimpy@yahoosix.net says...
>>
>> "Casey" <casey@nosuch.net> wrote in message
>> > http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php Thanks Casey,
>> no problem with update
>>

>Your welcome. I haven't had a chance to install my b2577 yet.
>Did you both just install the new on top of the old and save the
>settings? Seems like thats what I did on the last couple of
>upgrades.
>Casey

Installed over the existing program and saved existing settings as
well. Went well.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 20, 2004 6:06:49 PM

In article <MPG.1b3d29cb27bd4c0b98973b@news.west.earthlink.net>,
casey@nosuch.net says...
> http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php

Any idea whats new in this release? and any news of the loopback issue being
resolved?
tia
me
June 20, 2004 8:47:47 PM

In article <MPG.1b3f9c435f92d0f4989779@news.easynet.co.uk>, bassbag@bodybags.dragon.wales says...
> In article <MPG.1b3d29cb27bd4c0b98973b@news.west.earthlink.net>,
> casey@nosuch.net says...
> > http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php
> >
> Any idea whats new in this release? and any news of the loopback issue being
> resolved?
> tia
> me

Haven't even had time to install 2577 yet so I don't know what's new.
Sygate has stated that the loopback problem would be fixed in the
next major upgrade. I doubt if it would be included in a build upgrade.
Casey
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 21, 2004 12:55:12 AM

In article <MPG.1b3f7b86d75ec14598973d@news.west.earthlink.net>,
casey@nosuch.net says...
> In article <MPG.1b3f9c435f92d0f4989779@news.easynet.co.uk>, bassbag@bodybags.dragon.wales says...
> > In article <MPG.1b3d29cb27bd4c0b98973b@news.west.earthlink.net>,
> > casey@nosuch.net says...
> > > http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php
> > >
> > Any idea whats new in this release? and any news of the loopback issue being
> > resolved?
> > tia
> > me
> >
> Haven't even had time to install 2577 yet so I don't know what's new.
> Sygate has stated that the loopback problem would be fixed in the
> next major upgrade. I doubt if it would be included in a build upgrade.
> Casey

Thanks for info..i hope the next major upgrade will be soon as the loopback
issue has been dragging on for well over a year now.Ill keep watching :)
me
June 21, 2004 2:26:40 AM

In article <MPG.1b3ffbfc5294081e98977a@news.easynet.co.uk>, bassbag@bodybags.dragon.wales says...
> In article <MPG.1b3f7b86d75ec14598973d@news.west.earthlink.net>,
> casey@nosuch.net says...
> > In article <MPG.1b3f9c435f92d0f4989779@news.easynet.co.uk>, bassbag@bodybags.dragon.wales says...
> > > In article <MPG.1b3d29cb27bd4c0b98973b@news.west.earthlink.net>,
> > > casey@nosuch.net says...
> > > >
> > > Any idea whats new in this release? and any news of the loopback issue being
> > > resolved?
> > > tia
> > > me
> > >
> > Haven't even had time to install 2577 yet so I don't know what's new.
> > Sygate has stated that the loopback problem would be fixed in the
> > next major upgrade. I doubt if it would be included in a build upgrade.
> > Casey
> >
> Thanks for info..i hope the next major upgrade will be soon as the loopback
> issue has been dragging on for well over a year now.Ill keep watching :)
> me

This is what I just found in Sygage Forum.
(quote)
With the current SPF 5.x architecture, support for the loopback adapter or "local proxy" does
require major changes to one of the core product engines. This is considered a high risk fix with
both high development costs and resource requirements. However, be assured that we are making
progress towards addressing the local proxy issue. Sygate apologizes for the delay but has chosen
the path towards fully addressing the issue, rather than issuing a patch or partial fix.
(unquote)
!