Are cheap CD keys for sale online OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
i normally will buy cheap keys online if it is a game that i wont normally play. i remember getting BF3 for $15 about a month after it came out from a cdkey website. they are legit, they take the photo of the key and email you them.

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
i normally will buy cheap keys online if it is a game that i wont normally play. i remember getting BF3 for $15 about a month after it came out from a cdkey website. they are legit, they take the photo of the key and email you them.

Solution

kjoz

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
I've heard that if you use CD keys from websites like those on Steam, you leave yourself opened to being banned.... (think there's several instances of people being banned)

Some people say that those keys are usually retrieved using illegal means.. No idea what that means or if its true or not!

Wouldn't mind finding out myself if someone knows a lot more on this subject

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
are you asking for that specific site? or just in general cause steam sells game codes to reputable game sites at a discount cause they pay for so many then they pass a certain percentage of that discount on

I was talking about very cheap codes in general. Since starting the thread I bought the Farcry 3 key and it works fine though the installation was suspiciously complicated. Its not a steam key but registered fine with Ubisoft. Also I notice that farcry 3 seems a much better deal than most do you think they can somehow get the keys that are not used in the free game deal with Radeon cards or are those steam keys?
If anyonr is interested I got it from Code4game I had to pay by paypal and got a slighly worse exchange rate (£s) than the comparison site suggests. I got the code in around 2 hours but was informed immediately there would be a few hours delay. I was given a link to an installer that downloaded 9 700Mb files which on the 3rd try de compacted into an obscure folder and when I worked out where it was ran the setup file and it installed. I registered the game with Ubisoft stating I am in the UK so thats not an issue. After that its all fine except it defaulted to run in windowed mode (of I pressed something by mistake).
I would buy a key like this again unless someone has a reason why I shouldn't as long as its a good saving compared to buying on steam or a real copy.

there are a lot of places you can buy chaep cd keys but you have to be aware that they are becoming more and more rare as companies region lock em...
so make sure you do your research first. cod black ops 2 was the first game i saw region locked forcing you to pay above the price that its sold in some e.u countries which is unfair and unethical in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.