How to cancel/port service wo ETF, citing text message cha..

In the past, whenever Verizon increased rates on existing customers,
they offered the ability to cancel service without being charged an
early termination fee.

In the most recent text message price change on their web site, they
did not give any notice about the ETF waiver. Is this still an option?

If so, how do I use the ETF waiver to port out my number to another
provider when I terminate service?

Or is this going to be such a mess that I should wait until my contract
just runs out in September?

-MVL

No, unlikely, probably not, maybe. I believe if you check the fine print of
your contract, there is no clause that allows for cancellation because of a
rate change. You'd need a material breach of the contract or service to
warrant waiving the EFT. While a nice CS may help you, even if you find a
clause in writing, your chances of using that as a reason to early terminate
are slim. Your only work around is to find a clause that specifically
states that a change in fees does allow you to cancel, and sadly you will
not.

Verizon has great coverage, and their rates are reasonable. A text rate
change, is not a material change that warrants voiding a cancellation fee.
I'm not particularly a fan of Verizon's Business Ethics, or how they use
customer or client contracts to only protect themselves. You'd need a
material change to the contract, else your swimming upstream, and while some
may be sympathetic, few can help you. But if you find an experienced CS,
you may get lucky! Good Luck. dr
--
dr.news Better Price? (not better than you deserve, just more than you are
used to)

<mvl_groups_user@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In the past, whenever Verizon increased rates on existing customers,
> they offered the ability to cancel service without being charged an
> early termination fee.
>
> In the most recent text message price change on their web site, they
> did not give any notice about the ETF waiver. Is this still an option?
>
> If so, how do I use the ETF waiver to port out my number to another
> provider when I terminate service?
>
> Or is this going to be such a mess that I should wait until my contract
> just runs out in September?
>
> -MVL

<mvl_groups_user@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In the past, whenever Verizon increased rates on existing customers,
> they offered the ability to cancel service without being charged an
> early termination fee.
>
> In the most recent text message price change on their web site, they
> did not give any notice about the ETF waiver. Is this still an option?
>
> If so, how do I use the ETF waiver to port out my number to another
> provider when I terminate service?
>
> Or is this going to be such a mess that I should wait until my contract
> just runs out in September?
>
> -MVL

If your contract specifically detailed the rates for text messages then you
might be able to hold them to those rates. However, I doubt Verizon will let
you cancel without the early termination fee over this. They would more
likely simply issue a credit against your account for the difference between
the agreed upon text message rates and what you may actually be charged.
Chances are the increase in rates is not going to be as substancial as the
early termination fee, so why would they want to lose revenue from your
account over such an insignificant change? It'd be easier just to give you a
measly credit and hold you to the contract.

-Jeff

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Jeff P wrote:

> If your contract specifically detailed the rates for text messages then you
> might be able to hold them to those rates. However, I doubt Verizon will let
> you cancel without the early termination fee over this. They would more
> likely simply issue a credit against your account for the difference between
> the agreed upon text message rates and what you may actually be charged.
> Chances are the increase in rates is not going to be as substancial as the
> early termination fee, so why would they want to lose revenue from your
> account over such an insignificant change? It'd be easier just to give you a
> measly credit and hold you to the contract.
>
> -Jeff

I am trying to remember the reason VZW mailed everyone letters 1~2 years
ago stating "xyz has been changed/added so you have the right to end
your contract without penalty". It turned out to be a small increase.

"Jeff P" <jeffpNO@SPAMruralramp.net> wrote in message

> <mvl_groups_user@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> In the past, whenever Verizon increased rates on existing
>> customers,
>> they offered the ability to cancel service without being charged an
>> early termination fee.
>>
>> In the most recent text message price change on their web site,
>> they
>> did not give any notice about the ETF waiver. Is this still an
>> option?
>>
>> If so, how do I use the ETF waiver to port out my number to another
>> provider when I terminate service?
>>
>> Or is this going to be such a mess that I should wait until my
>> contract
>> just runs out in September?
>>
>> -MVL
>>

> If your contract specifically detailed the rates for text messages
> then you might be able to hold them to those rates. However, I doubt
> Verizon will let you cancel without the early termination fee over
> this. They would more likely simply issue a credit against your
> account for the difference between the agreed upon text message
> rates and what you may actually be charged. Chances are the increase
> in rates is not going to be as substancial as the early termination
> fee, so why would they want to lose revenue from your account over
> such an insignificant change? It'd be easier just to give you a
> measly credit and hold you to the contract.
>
> -Jeff

Funny as it would seem, if the price was agreed to via contractual
means (I have the Text 500 @ so much a minute etc) until the end of
the year. I think if you go over that allotted use then the price
would be at the prevailing rates. I seem to remember the International
rates being adjusted last year for something or other.

However most contracts state that if "all" the folks get raised then
it is OK (Sort of like Allstate raising their insurance rates in
different states) But a lawyer could tell you better than I.

Elector