big enough radiator?

PhoenixKnights

Distinguished
May 16, 2003
I am planning on installing a Geforce 6800 watercooled and having a small water cooling system just for the card. I'm thinking about using they Hydor 20 for my pump, creating a small reservoir, and also using an 80mm Black ice micro Radiator.

My question is: will the 80mm Black Ice micro radiator be big enough for the job to disperse the heat that the Geforce 6800 will produce? it will be overclocked probably to 470mhz

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
Please tell me what made you think that it's possible to overclock a 6800nu to 470?

I'll be happy at around 400-430. the micro is a little small, it's probably enough just for the GPU, but why not a huge 2x120 for the CPU and video?

<A HREF="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/celebgay.html" target="_new">click here now!!</A>

<A HREF="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/epilepsyr.shtml" target="_new">DON'T CLICK HERE!!</A>

PhoenixKnights

Distinguished
May 16, 2003
Simple, my CPU already has a Water cooling setup that goes to the CPU and just the CPU, and it's radiator is a heater core with 2 120mm fans blowing through it.

Now why I think it's possible to oc a 6800 to 470 is because that's what BFG's water cooled cards come over clocked at automatically, so I figgure that is what I'll go with. Although honestly I am now considering making some modifications to my water cooling box I have, getting a new case and making it so that my MB chipset is also water cooled instead of the stock air cooling I had left alone.

If I do this I'll probably upgrade to a bigger pump, perhaps a Danner Mag drive model 7 that puts out 700 GPH split it so 1 third goes to the gpu and chipset, and the other 2 thirds go to the processor. (I'll do that with about 3 Y splits to split the flow once and then again and have half of the second split go back to the first half that wouldn't be split then again I guess that makes it actually 1/4th that would be going to the GPU and chipset...)

BFG's water cooled cards come over clocked at automatically

They come at 450mhz / 1200mhz mem

<font color=blue><font color=red>Milk</font color=red> my <font color=red>ass</font color=red>, and call me <font color=red>Nancy</font color=red>!</font color=blue>