OVER 30 years of VIDEOGAMES COLLECTION LoL

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Well, I got Pc and console video games dating back to 1985, maybe I could sell them and make a million dollars? The problem, is, they are not in the original packaging and are just sitting loosely in my drawer. I doubt I'd get anywhere close to couple of hundred dollars, for the lot.

I still got the consoles for most of the games, I play them, on occasion, every 9 years or so...

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Wolf3D can still be played on XP, it's an awesome game. You get 9 levels and a secret level on eachlevel, totalling 18 all told levels. You don't get extra levels with games nowadays. Also, Wolf3D was about the size of 2mb whereas games of today are more like 2gb or more.

Games of tomorrow will be (probably) 10gb or maybe 100 gb in size offering 5 dimensional (huh?) holographic gaming where the user actually stands on a special mat and is involved in the game play. I suppose you'd need a special room to play it, much like the holodeck of the Enterprise (Star Trek).

I think I still prefer the old games, although there was a sense of realism, there were any "real" people in them and shooting them wasn't so life-like lol.