Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Mesh quality in BF3

Last response: in Video Games
February 12, 2013 6:02:13 AM

Hi .. i am playing bf3 with mesh quality on low and rest settings on high with aa post on Low and aa filter on x16... rest all are off and resolution is 1920x1080
System specs
i5 3570k @4.4 ghz
8 gb ddr 3
Evga gtx 570 Oc'ed

now my question is that i do play on 45+ fps all the time and when i put my mesh quality on low i get a boost of around 11-12 fps when kept on high .. and fps always stays above 60 fps ...
now my question is that on mesh quality low i know objects dissapear from far and appear as u come near them(draws distance) but is this only applicable to the environment(boxes, walls , buildings, trees etc) or the players also ?? do the plays also dissapear if u see them from far ?? and are we unable to spot enemies while flying ??
some ppl prefer mesh on low some on high .. and please dont start explaining me how mesh quality works just tell me whether the players dissapear or not ?? i dont care about the environment but the players shouldnt dissapear ! please help :) 

More about : mesh quality bf3

February 12, 2013 7:41:42 AM

the players dont disappear.....
best of luck....
Score
February 12, 2013 7:45:42 AM

Mesh quality is ur draw distance.
The worst thing that can happen is that you won't be able to see the pilot of helicopters or jets from a long distance.
I recommend you keep it high if you fly vehicles often
Score
Related resources

Best solution

February 12, 2013 8:29:02 AM

the majority of the player wont disappear some parts will basically it will do what you say in that it draws a lower rez representation of the players avatar and the closer you get the higher quality it will become, but you will get visible texture pop.
you can see an extreme example of this in call of duty 4. and the maps are no where near as wide.
as zak points out 1s the player is in a vehicle the vehicle becomes the players avatar and the player does disappear, so keeping the mesh quality on high is the better option. that way you can aim at the cockpit to get a quick kill instead of having to pound at the jet/heli/humv.

also its better to keep the mesh on high and turn down other settings to get your 15 fps boost. i use bf3 configurator and lock my fps at 60 which increases my minimum fps and smooths out the game as a whole... to undo any changes just delet the auto config file that it creates.
February 12, 2013 8:36:08 AM

ZakX11 said:
Mesh quality is ur draw distance.
The worst thing that can happen is that you won't be able to see the pilot of helicopters or jets from a long distance.
I recommend you keep it high if you fly vehicles often

if i fly quite often will i be able to see the characters on the ground and spot them easily when mesh is on low ??? and along with the distance is an enemy is spotted will the orange mark on his head dissapear on Low ??
Score
February 12, 2013 8:37:09 AM

HEXiT said:
the majority of the player wont disappear some parts will basically it will do what you say in that it draws a lower rez representation of the players avatar and the closer you get the higher quality it will become, but you will get visible texture pop.
you can see an extreme example of this in call of duty 4. and the maps are no where near as wide.
as zak points out 1s the player is in a vehicle the vehicle becomes the players avatar and the player does disappear, so keeping the mesh quality on high is the better option. that way you can aim at the cockpit to get a quick kill instead of having to pound at the jet/heli/humv.

also its better to keep the mesh on high and turn down other settings to get your 15 fps boost. i use bf3 configurator and lock my fps at 60 which increases my minimum fps and smooths out the game as a whole... to undo any changes just delet the auto config file that it creates.

the same question asked to zakx11
Score
February 12, 2013 12:09:22 PM

bobleeswagger666 said:
if i fly quite often will i be able to see the characters on the ground and spot them easily when mesh is on low ??? and along with the distance is an enemy is spotted will the orange mark on his head dissapear on Low ??

No I don't think so.
I think that the mesh quality only changes the appearance and in no way affects the game UI
Although I'm not sure if player models will disappear from a distance or not but objects will surely do and you will have a lot of texture pop-in as previously mentioned by Hexit.
To represent it visually see this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnSiNfyiNu0

And therefore to get a better detailed view of your target from an aerial vehicle , I recommend you keep mesh quality high if you fly very often.
Score
February 12, 2013 1:39:30 PM

Quote:
( Moderator edited)

all the best Brett :) 

What the hell are you doing?
Score
February 12, 2013 1:48:29 PM

ZakX11 said:
What the hell are you doing?

He's in a flamewar with the mods. Just report him and keep going; don't reply or copy. thanks.
Score
February 12, 2013 2:59:31 PM

As for the BF3 issue, I've done some experimenting with that as well. I found turning mesh down did give me a good boost in frames(I have 120hz monitor so I aim for 120). I usually try to run it on medium, but turn things like MSAA and HBAO down/off to get more frames.
Score
February 13, 2013 5:51:43 AM

You know what *** this bf3 im out to play dota 2 .. will play bf3 on the next playstation upcoming this year end atleast gives equal performance to all for a fair game ! Thank you ppl for your answers :) 
Score
February 13, 2013 5:51:56 AM

Best answer selected by bobleeswagger666.
Score
!