Pentium IV -- fan noise too lould?

As I sit here listening to the fan roar in my 2.2 GHz Celeron-based Gateway
laptop, I spot the following interesting article on the problem of power
consumption in Pentium IV's, not to mention cache size. Is Intel abandoning
the P IV design prematurely, preferring Pentium-M-style instead for the
future? Was the P IV (GHz ueber alles) architecture a mistake?

http://news.com.com/2100-1006_3-5207837.html

The answer is, yes. Intel will phase out all P4 mobile CPUs in favor of the
Pentium-M, and yes, heat is a major issue with the P4s in notebook designs.

"Gordon McLean, Jr." <g.d.mcleanStrikeThis@attStrikeThis.net> wrote in
message news:5rInc.38791$Ut1.1113774@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...