Built a New system, LAGGGGGG

stevieshae

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
So i built a new system, i have a sabretooth 990fx motherboard, 2 msi raedon7950 crossfired. and a amd fx-820(8 core) and windows 7-64 bit. i have been playing games off steam and every game will lag, skyrim is un-playable, counterstrike go unplayable. this is awful i spent 850+ on this machine. Any help

stevieshae

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
sabertooth 990fx r2.0 motherboard (Stock driver No updates)
Raedon 7950(2) catalyst version 13.1
Amd Fx-8320(8 Core)
250Gb SSD
3TB HDD(Sorry couldn't find the brands can if needed)
I am not currently overclocking

Jprobes

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
This problem sounds familiar. It might have something to do with your SSD and its w/r bandwidth.

You could try installing an OS on your HDD to see if that relieves the issue. It might me a setting within your motherboard as how it interacts with the SSD. I forget off the top of my head what exactly causes this.

I doubt it is malware or a virus if your system is new.

Jprobes

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
I would check to see if the ATA controller is set for AHCI not IDE or RAID.

I would find it odd if it was not set to AHCI as a default. This could be your issue. That or your SSD is faulty.

Check the R/W times of your SSD.

stevieshae

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
total Edit= It does not seem to be a hardware problem. I have checked the events, and very few errors, Even had my friend who is a computer tech and admin take a look, we cannot figure out the problem, each game seems unable to work efficently, every game seems to lag. This system is over built to the max there should be no problems at all yet im worse off then my old computer which could barely run left4 dead.

Menace2Sobriety

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Did you check your motherboard bios and ensure it's set for performance and not one of the lower voltage power saving options?

Also, take out 1 stick of RAM try it... if same problem swap em out... Maybe a bad stick causing some memory problems.

I would also update your motherboard drivers. Oh.... and MAKE SURE you've installed all drivers/utilities that came with your motherboard disk. I build a new PC last week and it ran like a dang turtle until all drivers were installed and the system ran through a few reboots. Using stock windows drivers for your motherboard options just isn't enough anymore.

Menace

1: Check BIOS to make sure you're not using IDE.
2: Check for any SSD firmware updates
3: Make sure any RAID drivers are not installed (I've had Intel RST break more than a handful of PC's in the EXACT way you are describing...)
4: Ensure you are not overheating
5: Ensure proper voltages to all hardware devices

stevieshae

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013

i dont fully understand what you mean, Il take a shot. I have the 24 pin and a 8(or 6 cant tell) pin connect to the mother board, and (2) 6 pin pcie in the one graphics card