Antenna extension for PCI wireless card?

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
May 11, 2004 2:46:36 AM

do they make antenna extensions for wireless pci cards? sorta like the
trunk mounted cb antennas except smaller.
the antenna is in back of the pc of course and once it is placed in certain
places the wireless connection to the router drops.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 11, 2004 6:54:11 AM

Yes, you can get or even make an antenna to amplify the wireless signal.
Different brands of WiFi cards use various connectors on the back for attaching
an external antenna. Honestly, eBay has a great sample of companies selling
WiFi antennas.

I have a stock of antennae to go with the Orinoco WiFi cards I sell my clients.
Most of the time in a home network, the signals are strong enough and the
interference from other electronics low enough that an antenna is not required.
I have had a couple of problematic home/SOHO WiFi installations which required
an antenna or two... Ben Myers

!