Sign in with
Your question

How far off are we from games that...

Last response: in Video Games
February 13, 2013 9:46:02 AM

are indistinguishable from watching television? i always wondered if they would do this even when the capabilities reached this level, considering how dangerous it would be from the standpoint of putting recognizable figures in games (doing god knows what), and this being indistinguishable from them being recorded doing these same things in reality.

More about : games

February 13, 2013 12:00:27 PM

We've already done that...Mortal Kobat II. Super Nintendo
m
l
February 13, 2013 6:38:08 PM

forgot about that one, thanks.
m
l
Related resources
February 13, 2013 7:06:57 PM

Frizzo said:
are indistinguishable from watching television? i always wondered if they would do this even when the capabilities reached this level, considering how dangerous it would be from the standpoint of putting recognizable figures in games (doing god knows what), and this being indistinguishable from them being recorded doing these same things in reality.

Pretty good question. Almost worth your fight money!
m
l
February 13, 2013 8:22:58 PM

hey sagat , are you still doing pron movies?
m
l
February 13, 2013 8:55:37 PM

Frizzo said:
hey sagat , are you still doing pron movies?

The ladies like my Angry Scar.
m
l
February 13, 2013 8:56:04 PM

Frizzo said:

Not very far, it's almost possible today.
m
l
March 16, 2013 1:02:47 PM

I was just thinking, there is going to have to be a standard which differentiates reality from synthetic (at least with regard to video games vs reality), and i think i had a pretty good idea for this. there was a period of time during the video game evolution (probably like late 1990's?) where many computer games had this very "digitized" look. I really liked this look and was hoping to see more of it, but it died out. if you watch this old 80's video by eurythmics, you will notice in the beginning of the video there is a very very heavy digitzed look. i was thinking, this might be a good way to hardcore games when they do become as reality, a way to distinguish them (because they will have to do that there is no choice just choice on "how" to do it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzFnYcIqj6I
m
l
March 16, 2013 1:14:22 PM

i think your over thinking it, what about recorded films where you see people die violently all the time there's no need to distinguish that the film is not a recording of a real murder the same would apply to a video game
m
l
!