Solo 9550 dissasembly

Bart

Anybody have info on taking apart a Solo 9550? Service manuals,
diagrams or even text instructions??? Anything would be a help.
Thanks...

What particular part are you trying to get to and/or replace. I have build a
few from parts only, to go through the entire process would be lengthy
though.

If there is a certain thing you are trying to accomplish I could probably
help you.

KCDSpike

<bart@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> Anybody have info on taking apart a Solo 9550? Service manuals,
> diagrams or even text instructions??? Anything would be a help.
> Thanks...

Thanks,
I need to get to the right front PC board. The headphone jack
has become intermittent. I think the solder pads broke or have
come loose at the jack. B

In <10a7jfikh0tj9d7@corp.supernews.com>, on 05/13/04
at 02:35 PM, "KCDSpike" <kcdspike@hotmail.com> said:

>What particular part are you trying to get to and/or replace. I
>have build a few from parts only, to go through the entire
>process would be lengthy though.
>If there is a certain thing you are trying to accomplish I could
>probably help you.

>KCDSpike

><bart@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>news:40a173e4$3$oneg.p$mr2ice@news.la.sbcglobal.net... >
>> Anybody have info on taking apart a Solo 9550? Service manuals,
>> diagrams or even text instructions??? Anything would be a help.
>> Thanks...

Are you sure it is just the headphone jack? Try attaching a USB device
or a microphone. Are the front lights for battery/charge and power working?

I just sent mine back (under 4 year warranty) because all of these were
intermittent and now dead. The problem was there is a connector between
the right front board and the one under the keyboard that was bad. It
would fail based on thermal changes at first, then light flexing near
the PgUp and PgDn keys.

If I remember right when I tried to diagnose this without sending it in
for a couple of weeks you have to remove the screws from the bottom
including ones under the battery, remove the hinge covers and the screws
holding the hinges, and then figure out where the catch tabs are around
the top and bottom covers as well as which to push in.

Roger Vicker, CCP

On 5/13/2004 4:48 PM, bart.cAT@ATsbcglobal.net wrote:

>Thanks,
>I need to get to the right front PC board. The headphone jack
>has become intermittent. I think the solder pads broke or have
>come loose at the jack. B
>

>In <10a7jfikh0tj9d7@corp.supernews.com>, on 05/13/04
> at 02:35 PM, "KCDSpike" <kcdspike@hotmail.com> said:
>

>>What particular part are you trying to get to and/or replace. I
>>have build a few from parts only, to go through the entire
>>process would be lengthy though.
>>If there is a certain thing you are trying to accomplish I could
>>probably help you.
>>

>>KCDSpike
>>

>><bart@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>news:40a173e4$3$oneg.p$mr2ice@news.la.sbcglobal.net... >
>>

>>>Anybody have info on taking apart a Solo 9550? Service manuals,
>>>diagrams or even text instructions??? Anything would be a help.
>>>Thanks...

*** Vicker Programming and Service *** Have bits will byte *** www.vicker.com ***
I think he's one taco short of a combination platter

Thanks Roger,
But, all lights, buttons, and other plugs on the side (line /
mic) work just fine. With today's light weight construction,
plugs are held in place by their solder pads instead of a
threaded connection around the throat of the plug. It is
cheaper, quicker to assemble and lighter, but not very sturdy. I
do think that the solder pads / joints at the plug are broken and
simply need to be resoldered. B

In <10a86i73jsf1193@corp.supernews.com>, on 05/13/04
at 08:00 PM, "Roger Vicker, CCP"
<rvicker@vicker.pullthisout.com> said: >Are you sure it is just