FarCry 3 Likes and Dislikes

Some of this will be a spoiler to those just into the game so if that's your situation stop reading right now!

First of all I have to say I miss the days when you could just play your game from the desktop and not have to go through some hosting setup just to play the game such as Uplay, or Steam, or Origin, etc.

Unfortunately very few games can be still played directly from the desktop.

I opened this thread because there's just some things that seriously bug me about FarCry 3, like if you were really Jason and went through all this you'd loose the mild mannered pitiful kid attitude!

Getting locked into the missions seriously limits the game, so I discovered the best thing to do was forget the missions until you were forced to complete them to continue, the game is much better if you just take off exploring.

Mission wise I find a total loss of interest in the game after killing Vas, he was the driving force as the more he did the more you want his head on a stick, and after he is dead to me Hoyt means diddly squat!

It's a little on the disturbing side after you shut down the drug manufacturing areas to revisit the sites later in the game only to see them run by the Rakayat.

"Do not kill innocent civilians!"

Really?

After a while of playing the game my impression is just pull completely away and Nuke the entire island area!

Those you have liberated will turn around and attack you!

That happened to me driving a vehicle and one of them ran into me then jumped out called me a traitor, and they all started shooting me?

What The Crap!?????

Needless to say, they suffered the consequences of that moment, along with everyone of them that came to help!

This game does cross some morality boundaries, it's the first game I've ever played with a sex act in it that you are a part of?

Don't know why they thought that would be important?

It's like putting sex in a good SciFi horror movie, the only reason is they ran out of money to complete the special effects and had to stall for time, it's a bad idea in a movie, and a worse idea in a game!

The scene with Citra is what I'm talking about, we have enough problems with the morality bunch trying to stop shooters in the first place why give them more ammo?

Idiot game designers pushing the boundaries!

Weapon wise my favorite has become the automatic shotgun that you get access to after a certain amount of radio towers have been opened, and the Signature Sniper Rifle!

IMO If you didn't run out of ammo you could finish the game with those 2 weapons, but you have to be way into the game before you have access to them!

So what do any of you that have played or are playing FarCry 3 think of the game?

ZakX11

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
I got bored pretty quick. The gameplay was not really my style and i knew it before buying the game.
As far as sex in games goes , in some story driven games it is important to create a strong emotional attachment but to me it always looks funny. In films , sex works as it attracts another demographic (perverts) but in games I don't think you would buy a game just because it has sex in it.
In this game sex was completely unnecessary.
I got bored because killing animals and collecting herbs to carry a bunch of more ammo and health isn't really what I like to do in an FPS but that's just my opinion.
The story was kinda good but the uninteresting gameplay drew me away from the complete experience. Sometimes the story fell short too.
I guess I just like exploring better in 3rd person / RPG games and not in FPS-RPG hybrids.
So the game is actually pretty good and will be liked by many people but it's a dislike from me.

sanilmahambre

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2012
I think you chose the wrong decision since the ending sex scene is the result of it.
The right decision is to save friends and then citra dies and jason successfully escapes from the island and returns beck later.

Yes! Vaas is the best Psycho character I've ever seen and should have made it to the last level somehow. may be Hoyte's place should have been swapped.

Hunting is interesting specially killing rare animals with bow. It was really difficult to hunt down that black panther.

For me the game was exciting but the reason i played the game was " VAAS"

armageddon007

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
i think that farcry 3 was quite superb regarding the amount of stuff we can deal with
driving mechanics was great..
ammo felt scarce(enemies kept firing at you for an unlimited amount of time and they never ran out of ammo, but when u picked up their magazine, it had a mere 10 bullets...lol)

as far as vaas is concerned , i think that he was better off as an employee of hoyt...
because the employers are usually civilized and vaas was completely insane...so i think he was better off as an employee...
my thoughts though..

i even found those armored enemies too tough to tackle ( way too tough)
otherwise the sense of exploration was great
and i loved this game....

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Far Cry 3 PC was a complete bait & switch that took advantage of a severely misleading gameplay "demo" to stoke pre-orders and then released a dramatically inferior product to what was shown.

For me, that's the long and short of the game in all honesty. If we were to be equally fair to all franchises, this would be Far Cry 3's legacy on PC.

[flash=1024,600]http://www.youtube.com/v/mqnAbRpyqfI?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
There were some aspects of the game I liked. I thought the combat and gunplay was relatively good.

The story and characters I really didn't care for at all. These are exactly the kinds of people that annoy me in real life ("bro" culture) so I have no desire to play one in a video game.

The whole thing seemed a little adolescent to me (the cheesy sex scene, the dialog, etc..).

I still found enough enjoyment in the game to put in almost 60 hours, so I got my money's worth. Overall it was pretty fun, but a whole lot more shallow than what I was expecting / hoping for.

The islands could use a lot more variety as well. There is a ton of structure reuse going on......you see the same boring shacks a thousand times. Great art direction and interesting architecture could have really been used on this game. They seemed content with using nothing but old broken-down shacks and a few ruins.

I also think the AI took a step backwards from FarCry2, where there was a greater variety of characters, behaviors, and voice acting. I even liked the story in FarCry2.....much more.

Still a good game, and I'm still glad I bought it.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
I played and finished FC3 three times. I enjoyed it. I didn't play FC2 so I can't compare the enemy AI.

I was also disappointed by how Vaas was easily killed.
I didn't like the 'bad' ending (siding with Citra).
I didn't like the side quests (ie: collect these etc)
I found climbing towers fun for the first few then became so bothersome.

I found hunting and gathering enjoyable.
I love "Make it bun dem" mission!!

sanilmahambre

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2012
In FC2 enemy were hard so see since they were all africans. it was difficult to shoot since there was no marker. you have to aim at them and shoot.
The common thing between then was the two decision having two endings.

FC2 had so many features like when he passed out from maleria or rusty old guns get stuck when enemy surround you .....wow

FC3 gives you tremendous shock when you make a plan.....step by step you walk ....but at last vaas counters them easily