Large FPS drops

TOT_tomdora

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
Hello.
Until recently, every game I had played decently fine with a consistent 60 fps on whatever settings they happened to be. Now, I can't even play on Hightower without getting fps drop.
I tried game booster; I tried dusting out the system; I tried uninstalling and reinstalling GPU drivers; I tried cleaning the registry; I tried defragmentation.
Using HWmonitor, I found that my CPU and GPU never went above 40C.

System:
P6-2136
(A6-3620 APU)
(Radeon HD 6530D)
Windows 8 64-bit

Other examples: in Killing Floor, whenever there's more than 60 zeds spawned on the map, or more than 20 on screen, I get frame drop.
This also happens on all resolution and graphic settings (which makes me think it could be something with the CPU...)
All help would be appreciated.

TOT_tomdora

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
I do have VSync enabled, but it hasn't been a problem before.
With enabled (right now): 23-60
Without enabled: 42-88
Strange, when I try to open the Catalyst Control Center, it no longer opens. I haven't touched it since I got the computer, though.
Is it possible that a lower download speed could affect gameplay? I don't think so, but it never hurts to ask.

armageddon007

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
i think i know whats causing that problem...
its your faulty driver which stops working after sometime and hence your system chooses the internal graphics card as a default/..(which is surely weaker than your dedicated one)

remove the present catalyst and reinstall some other version of drivers....hope it helps....

jmanc6

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
It could be something wrong with the drivers most likely. If not maybe something came loose inside the computer so you may want to check that out. But download speeds wont make a difference while gaming. Even if you are play mutiplayer. Hope all goes well.

jmanc6

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
It could be something wrong with the drivers most likely. If not maybe something came loose inside the computer so you may want to check that out. But download speeds wont make a difference while gaming. Even if you are play mutiplayer. Hope all goes well.

TOT_tomdora

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013

I don't have a dedicated right now; I'm using the APU's graphics, which worked well until recently.
HEXiT, does running the registry cleaner after uninstalling (I assume through Add/Remove Programs) really make a difference? Because I've already tried to uninstall and reinstall, and it did nothing.

TOT_tomdora

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
Tried both. RAM is connected, and Memtest returned with no errors.
I may have forgotten to mention that the HDD is 5400 RPM and that my computer is much noisier than it used to be, which suggests fan activity, but as I previously stated, the maximum temperature it ever gets to is 41 C.