Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 VERY long map loading times

Status
Not open for further replies.

robjon70

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I have a loading time problem with Black Ops 2. It takes around 10min to load zombie maps and multiplayer maps.
I've tried the Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD, the Samsung 250GB SSD, and the Seagate Momentus XT 750GB 7200RPM Hyprid HDD, w/ a 8GB SSD. Now get this, It works PERFECTLY FINE on my Western Digital 500GB 5400RPM HDD. I have no idea what's wrong. Any help is appreciated.

Here are my full PC specs if you need them:

HP Pavillion DV4
Windows 7
Intel Core i7 3612QM
Crucial 16GB- 1600Mhz RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 630M
2GB
Seagate Momentous XT 750GB Hybrid HDD w/ 8GB SSD

Solution
FIXED:
For anyone else having this problem: Black Ops 2 automatically runs with Intel HD integrated graphics. To fix this, go to your NVIDIA control panel and switch to the tab "Manage 3D settings" and switch the preferred graphics processor from "auto select" to "High performance NVIDIA processor".

robjon70

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
FIXED:
For anyone else having this problem: Black Ops 2 automatically runs with Intel HD integrated graphics. To fix this, go to your NVIDIA control panel and switch to the tab "Manage 3D settings" and switch the preferred graphics processor from "auto select" to "High performance NVIDIA processor".

Solution

If I remember correctly there should also be a application mode for Black Ops II for nVidia. Haven't used an nVidia card in a little over a year but I know AMD (ATI) mirrors the same concept and they have released one.

There is information found HERE from nVidia on some common tweaks to help it run smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.