Any Game suggestions?

Menace2Sobriety

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
I've got a new system that'll play any game at acceptable FPS. Here's my problem....

I finished the build last week and have lost all desire to play games. :(

I'm not big on FPS games. I have played Entropia Universe and have recently been playing The Secret World (brilliant game by the way). My ALL TIME FAVORITE game was Rise of Nations/ Age of Empires. Unfortunately AoEO just doesn't come close to the oldschool AoE or RoN game play.

What I'm looking for is a game that puts real life skills (Strategy, problem solving, whatever) into action.
I'm also looking for something MMO that I can team up with friends in.
I don't mind buying a game outright or paying a monthly subscription for. I would however prefer to find a game with a heavily active online community forum that I could perv before spending $60 bucks on something I may not like.

It seems in this day and age that everything is moving towards the "Free to play but Pay to win" model. This sucks because paying to win shows no dedication to the game-play yet grinding to greatness takes years to accomplish what a depositing player does in weeks. I'm almost getting sick of skill wheel type games. I'm looking for something that I can buy/download and just play and have a good time with.

Graphics are not super important but I'm not a fan of Anime/Disney style graphics.

Recently I've tried:
World of Tanks, DC Universe Online, AoE Online, War Thunder, League of Legends, Crysis 3 Beta, and none of them seem to fill the "void".

Anyone got any suggestions? Unfortunately there's just not an old school type Rise of Nations/Age of Empires otherwise there would be no need for this post....

Cheers!
Menace

armageddon007

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
play portal 2,,,,,coz its got the exact type of gameplay that u are looking forward to.....
even pop warrior within is worth trying.....(full of puzzles)

apart from that try playing bioshock 1, the witcher2 and skyrim...
they can most likely compile and fill that inexplicable void and provide u with innumerous hours of fun......