Usefull gaming apps?

Mike341

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
hi guys, gamer here, with a question about software. i´ve got all the hardware figured out, and currently only need some software advise. im gonna run windows 7 btw.
currently i´ve picked these apps:

CCleaner
Xfire
FRAPS (mostly to check fps)
steam, obviously
spotify for music

as antivirus, I'm thinking Bitdefender since: http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com i´ve found top10reviews to be a reliable source.

i still need an app for monitoring my hardware temps, hertz fan speed and such. i have no experience with that whatsoever.

im gonna run an 128GB SSD for OS, main apps and favorite games, and a 1TB HDD for everything else. how do i defrag my HDD when that time comes?

what´s the best browser?

and last but not least, if any of you know the app "notepad++" will it increase lifespan of components? and will it have consequences like less fps?

armageddon007

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
here's a list of all imp softwares
1) CPU Z- for every inch of info regarding ur cpu
2)GPU Z- '' '' '' '' '' '' '' gpu
3) evga precision - monitoring gpu temps and overclocking
4)a certain software for cpu temps( its setup should be there inside the mobo driver disc......)

thats all i think......
now.....
if u have more than 8 gigs of ram, the best browser would be google chrome.
Otherwise go for mozilla firefox....

bit defender is a decent antivirus....(keep it updated though)

to defrag ur disk ,just type - disk defragmentor in the start menu and u will know the rest.....
hope i helped....

You can use HWMonitor for monitoring temperatures. Browser - Firefox/Chrome/Opera (according to your preference).

Lastly, usage of notepad will not affect lifespan of your PC in any way :D.

TRENDING THREADS