Sign in with
Your question

Crysis 3 graphical improvements?

Last response: in Video Games
February 16, 2013 1:54:38 PM

Have graphical improvements been made to Crysis 3 when compared to the previous game?

Did the CryEngine 3 receive a facelift? Or is it essentially Crysis 2 with identical graphics/gameplay, and a sequel story?
February 16, 2013 2:23:50 PM

textures did recieve a facelift because they were too blant in crysis 2......
otherwise the guns and enemies are as beautiful as crysis2.......

the open world setting is a feast to the eyes.....
seems a little bit more appealing than crysis2...(but not much more)
(tbh crysis 2 was awesome tooooo)
m
l
February 16, 2013 4:38:38 PM

there have been a lot of tweaks made to the engine since crysis 2 which also runs on cryengine 3. crysis 2 would max out on a 680 crysis 3 will supposedly make a 680 cry when maxed out... they have enabled a host of features that were previously disabled dut even so the game will be playable on most systems down to a 6800gt.
up to a gtx 690 in sli. if you wanna know how it works on your system try the beta.
m
l
Related resources
February 16, 2013 5:15:24 PM

^
Supposedly it requires a DX11 card to even launch.
m
l
May 31, 2013 2:04:34 PM

ambam said:
Have graphical improvements been made to Crysis 3 when compared to the previous game?

Did the CryEngine 3 receive a facelift? Or is it essentially Crysis 2 with identical graphics/gameplay, and a sequel story?

I can admit that when playing I literally would just stop and wade in the water because it was absolutely gorgeous. I believe that there were definitely improvements, but Crysis 3 also utilized its beautiful aspects more. The way that there's water in nearly every mission, the way they had tall grass in some levels. They brought out the beautiful things that were hiding in crysis 2. Of course textures are more detailed, too.
m
l
June 1, 2013 12:47:03 PM

There has been a lot improved since Crysis 2 graphically. The light rendering appears far more natural in Crysis 3.

The skin shaders are totally off the charts........here's a screen:

It's a shockingly gorgeous game.

That said, I also didn't really care for it. Crysis and Warhead are the only games in the series where I truly enjoyed the gameplay. ;) 
m
l
June 1, 2013 3:19:33 PM

Stringjam said:
There has been a lot improved since Crysis 2 graphically. The light rendering appears far more natural in Crysis 3.

The skin shaders are totally off the charts........here's a screen:

It's a shockingly gorgeous game.

That said, I also didn't really care for it. Crysis and Warhead are the only games in the series where I truly enjoyed the gameplay. ;) 

Honestly, I love all of them. I do, however, like the warhead aliens better than the 2-3 aliens. I believe that I had an emotional experience throughout the entire series and that it was a flawless game, aside from Crysis 3 being a little buggy. And yes, the skin shaders are off the charts. I forgot about that. I remember just staring at the cutscene with disbelief.
m
l
!