Intel Could Make Chips for Future iPhone and iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelov

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
[citation][nom]virtualban[/nom]@AppleYou can't go fusion, can you?[/citation]

not yet designed for low enough power. Granted, neither is anything we've seen from the intel camp, either. But yes, you're right, fusion would probably suit their products better considering their emphasis on the visual aspect of computing.

G

[citation][nom]KM_[/nom]Yea, but can they run Crysis?[/citation]

grow up

cloakster

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
[citation][nom]GeekApproved[/nom]Intel will NOT be making chips for iphone OR ipad. Trust me.[/citation]

I am interested in this whole situation, so i was wondering if you could expand on why you believe that to be true. Thanks.

wcooper007

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
Well seeing how Intel makes all the processors for there desktops i find it very interesting how you can say they Will NOT be making chips for the additional products that apple has. Dont get me wrong i cant stand Crapple and anything they make. but I used to work right across the way from the Apple building at intel in portland and i am sure if intel wants the buisness and they hold alot of straws for apple so i am sure they can pull some strings maybe offer them a discount on all those Xeons that apple buys kinda like dell back in the day and bam

G

What's being speculated is the fabbing of an existing design, which could be done at GF, TSMC, Intel, or anywhere... ARM designs CPUs for specific nodes, so it's unlikely that Intel could make an ARM CPU on their current latest and greatest node, which would defeat the purpose of going with Intel's fabs.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]wcooper007[/nom]Well[,] seeing how Intel makes all the processors for ther desktops[,] find it very interesting how you can say they [w]ill NOT be making chips for the additional products that [A]pple has. Don[']t get me wrong[,] can[']t stand Crapple and anything they make[,] but I used to work right across the way from the Apple building at ntel in [P]ortland and am sure if ntel wants the busness [(]and they hold a[ ]lot of straws for [A]pple[)][.] am sure they can pull some strings [and] maybe offer them a discount on all those Xeons that apple buys[,] kind [of] like [D]ell back in the day[.] [A]nd bam[...][/citation]

Insomnihacks

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
[citation][nom]GeekApproved[/nom]Intel will NOT be making chips for iphone OR ipad. Trust me.[/citation]

Is it too far to stretch the imagination to think so? Intel does produce CPU's for their whole Mac line currently and even have them on the light peak (Thunderbolt) bandwagon. I think it's quite possible actually.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
Intel most likely will get into the business of ARM as long as there is money which there is is a lot. As far as they are concerned, they want to capture every bit of market. It will be suicidal not to do so. I am concerned for AMD not moving fast enough, Fusion is too awesome not be put into its full potential use but also they need an ARM or ARM equivalent.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]Intel most likely will get into the business of ARM as long as there is money which there is is a lot. As far as they are concerned, they want to capture every bit of market. It will be suicidal not to do so. I am concerned for AMD not moving fast enough, Fusion is too awesome not be put into its full potential use but also they need an ARM or ARM equivalent.[/citation]

ARM processors running on Intel's process nodes would be pretty cool. Then again, so is Cloverfield.

G

[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom][/citation]
I see what you did there.Too much time on your hands!

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Intel currently can’t compete with ARM, but it is possible in after few generations and die shrinks to bridge out the gap.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]moricon[/nom]I see what you did there.Too much time on your hands![/citation]
Only takes 30 seconds. Thanks for your caps, spelling and punctuation. We're all writing English here right?

Status
Not open for further replies.