Skyrim Stuttering

I just started playing skyrim after about a year hiatus and I've noticed that their have been tons of optimizations and it runs way better.But I still have this stuttering problem.When I turn in big areas or a city.But once everything loads it goes away and is smooth as butter.Are their any for sure fixes for this yet? I've tried the Window mode one but that causes screen tearing and disables crossfire.Thanks in advance.

2500k @ 4.5ghz
6870 Crossfire
8GB 1600mhz

storm slider

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012

Try disabling Windows Event Logger by searching "msconfig" in the start menu and pressing enter. Then go to services and scroll down until you find Windows Event Logger and disable it. It's known to cause stuttering in some games.

storm slider

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012

Try my suggestion.

Jesper Pedersen

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
I found the solution! :D
followed this youtube guide and it worked. I've got some screen tear afterwards but after setting the RenderAheadLimit to 1 the gane is now playable and no stutter. very small screen tears still but i think with more tweaking this could be fixed too. http://

if the link doesn't work, search: "Skyrim: Permanent Stutter Fix"

biffordm

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013

Tried this and it worked out for me. Same situation - haven't touched Skyrim in over a year and had some performance issues. Seems like the updates since I've been gone have been a mixed blessing.