God, when is Half Life 2 coming out?!

timberwolf1

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2003
Hi all

Has anyone heard news of when HL2 will come out?
Can't wait ....

Best Regards,
Gary Hendricks
<A HREF="http://www.desktop-video-guide.com" target="_new">http://www.desktop-video-guide.com</A>

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Where have you been?

The HL2 code was stolen from Valve Corporation. They had to assess what they were going to do next. At the very least they have to do a partial rewrite.

Valve had a press release stating that release will be delayed until at least April 2004.

<b>56K, slow and steady does not win the race on internet!</b>

goblinking

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003
When did Valve make a press release?

Everything I've heard has come from Vivendi. Nothing from Valve since they said it'll be out for "holiday 2003", whatever that meant.

RobD

Champion
They haven't, I'm just pre-empting the inevitable. Look at Counter Strike Condition Zero. Nigh on 2 years late.

<font color=blue>"You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig" - Rodney Marsh</font color=blue>

dhlucke

Polypheme
According to Valve it will be out by the holidays. You're right.

I'm not holding my breath though.

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
This whole leak situation really pisses me off. Oh yeah, & just in case y'all haven't noticed, I do have a poll int "Polls" forum currently up near the top of the list that y'all might want to check out.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

scottkli

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2003
CS:CZ November 18th
HL2 December 2003 (Guess) or April 2004

I think its better to assume 2004 because so far with Valve its been a year or more holding back games. But I would rather them get it right the first time and not have new updates every 2days, fixing this and patching that.