Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Samsung i600 not on vzw website

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
June 21, 2005 1:18:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Has the Samsung i600 been discontinued? It's not on their website.
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
June 21, 2005 9:48:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Markeau wrote:
> Has the Samsung i600 been discontinued? It's not on their website.

It must have won the award for the longest available mobile phone on the
market. It's a nice phone for MS SmartPhone users, if a bit bulky, but
has been on the market forever (in mobile phone years). Cingular has a
better phone in the Audiovox 5600 and Motorola MPx220 when it's
re-released soon. Verizon is set to launch a new Samsung MS SmartPhone
in July. You can usually find them highly discounted at Amazon.com. Last
I checked they were about $99 after rebate.

--
David G.
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
June 21, 2005 10:49:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"David G." <david_please_dont_email_me@i_hate_spam.com> wrote in
message news:o r6dnXMEOaWsFiXfRVn-rw@comcast.com...
> Markeau wrote:
>> Has the Samsung i600 been discontinued? It's not on their website.
>
> It must have won the award for the longest available mobile phone on
> the market. It's a nice phone for MS SmartPhone users, if a bit
> bulky, but has been on the market forever (in mobile phone years).
> Cingular has a better phone in the Audiovox 5600 and Motorola MPx220
> when it's re-released soon. Verizon is set to launch a new Samsung
> MS SmartPhone in July. You can usually find them highly discounted
> at Amazon.com. Last I checked they were about $99 after rebate.

Cingular has some nice phones, but no service where I need it (zip
codes 78013, 78028) ... If it really will have wifi, I eagerly await
the Verizon Samsung i730, but it will be expen$ive - so it looked like
I could get by on a cheap i600 for a year or two.
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
June 23, 2005 4:44:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Markeau wrote:
> "David G." <david_please_dont_email_me@i_hate_spam.com> wrote in
> message news:o r6dnXMEOaWsFiXfRVn-rw@comcast.com...
>> Markeau wrote:
>>> Has the Samsung i600 been discontinued? It's not on their website.
>>
>> It must have won the award for the longest available mobile phone on
>> the market. It's a nice phone for MS SmartPhone users, if a bit
>> bulky, but has been on the market forever (in mobile phone years).
>> Cingular has a better phone in the Audiovox 5600 and Motorola MPx220
>> when it's re-released soon. Verizon is set to launch a new Samsung
>> MS SmartPhone in July. You can usually find them highly discounted
>> at Amazon.com. Last I checked they were about $99 after rebate.
>
> Cingular has some nice phones, but no service where I need it (zip
> codes 78013, 78028) ... If it really will have wifi, I eagerly await
> the Verizon Samsung i730, but it will be expen$ive - so it looked like
> I could get by on a cheap i600 for a year or two.

If you don't need a camera, bluetooth, or EVDO high speed access, then
the i600 may be fine. eBay seems to be the only place to get one now..
if you trust the seller.

--
David G.
!