Samsung i600 not on vzw website

Has the Samsung i600 been discontinued? It's not on their website.
3 answers Last reply
More about samsung i600 website

    Markeau wrote:
    > Has the Samsung i600 been discontinued? It's not on their website.

    It must have won the award for the longest available mobile phone on the
    market. It's a nice phone for MS SmartPhone users, if a bit bulky, but
    has been on the market forever (in mobile phone years). Cingular has a
    better phone in the Audiovox 5600 and Motorola MPx220 when it's
    re-released soon. Verizon is set to launch a new Samsung MS SmartPhone
    in July. You can usually find them highly discounted at Amazon.com. Last
    I checked they were about $99 after rebate.

    --
    David G.

    "David G." <david_please_dont_email_me@i_hate_spam.com> wrote in
    message news:or6dnXMEOaWsFiXfRVn-rw@comcast.com...
    > Markeau wrote:
    >> Has the Samsung i600 been discontinued? It's not on their website.
    >
    > It must have won the award for the longest available mobile phone on
    > the market. It's a nice phone for MS SmartPhone users, if a bit
    > bulky, but has been on the market forever (in mobile phone years).
    > Cingular has a better phone in the Audiovox 5600 and Motorola MPx220
    > when it's re-released soon. Verizon is set to launch a new Samsung
    > MS SmartPhone in July. You can usually find them highly discounted
    > at Amazon.com. Last I checked they were about $99 after rebate.

    Cingular has some nice phones, but no service where I need it (zip
    codes 78013, 78028) ... If it really will have wifi, I eagerly await
    the Verizon Samsung i730, but it will be expen$ive - so it looked like
    I could get by on a cheap i600 for a year or two.

    Markeau wrote:
    > "David G." <david_please_dont_email_me@i_hate_spam.com> wrote in
    > message news:or6dnXMEOaWsFiXfRVn-rw@comcast.com...
    >> Markeau wrote:
    >>> Has the Samsung i600 been discontinued? It's not on their website.
    >>
    >> It must have won the award for the longest available mobile phone on
    >> the market. It's a nice phone for MS SmartPhone users, if a bit
    >> bulky, but has been on the market forever (in mobile phone years).
    >> Cingular has a better phone in the Audiovox 5600 and Motorola MPx220
    >> when it's re-released soon. Verizon is set to launch a new Samsung
    >> MS SmartPhone in July. You can usually find them highly discounted
    >> at Amazon.com. Last I checked they were about $99 after rebate.
    >
    > Cingular has some nice phones, but no service where I need it (zip
    > codes 78013, 78028) ... If it really will have wifi, I eagerly await
    > the Verizon Samsung i730, but it will be expen$ive - so it looked like
    > I could get by on a cheap i600 for a year or two.

    If you don't need a camera, bluetooth, or EVDO high speed access, then
    the i600 may be fine. eBay seems to be the only place to get one now..
    if you trust the seller.

    --
    David G.

Verizon Samsung Internet Service Providers