Zonealarm Suite has updated to 5 .0.590.043

Have not tried it so do not know if it is an improvement on the disastrous
5.0.590.015 version.
I will let others try first and watch the user forum.
13 answers Last reply
More about zonealarm suite updated

    mudfish wrote:

    >Have not tried it so do not know if it is an improvement on the disastrous
    >5.0.590.015 version.
    >I will let others try first and watch the user forum.

    whats wrong with this version. I haven't had any problems yet.

    Nobody wants to be first. I want to wait also.

    DDDD

    "mudfish" <fish@chips.com> wrote in message
    > Have not tried it so do not know if it is an improvement on the disastrous
    > 5.0.590.015 version.
    > I will let others try first and watch the user forum.

    Sometime on, or about Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:26:17 -0400, DDDD scribbled:

    > Nobody wants to be first. I want to wait also.
    >
    > DDDD
    >
    > "mudfish" <fish@chips.com> wrote in message
    >> Have not tried it so do not know if it is an improvement on the disastrous
    >> 5.0.590.015 version.
    >> I will let others try first and watch the user forum.

    I installed it. No problems... yet.

    Sam

    DDDD wrote:
    > Nobody wants to be first. I want to wait also.
    >
    > DDDD
    >
    > "mudfish" <fish@chips.com> wrote in message
    >> Have not tried it so do not know if it is an improvement on the disastrous
    >> 5.0.590.015 version.
    >> I will let others try first and watch the user forum.

    NAV 2004 under Win XP: It's working fine.

    >NAV 2004 under Win XP: It's working fine.

    Can you run CHKDSK with the "fix files errors" option checked (ie in
    reboot)... this did not work in the prior version...

    --

    TO REPLY REMOVE THE "X" FROM MY DOMAIN NAME.

    =____________________________-
    ////// (____) RKBA _____|
    (/////___________________(_____|
    Giovanni Lentini (/ /( )/o/)_/)_/)_/)_/)
    (/ 0 /_\__))
    gioX@rkba.net (/ /)
    (/ /)
    (/ 0 /)
    (/____ /)
    =======

    Giovanni Lentini wrote:

    >>NAV 2004 under Win XP: It's working fine.
    >
    > Can you run CHKDSK with the "fix files errors" option checked (ie in
    > reboot)... this did not work in the prior version...
    >
    > --
    >

    > TO REPLY REMOVE THE "X" FROM MY DOMAIN NAME.
    >
    > =____________________________-
    > ////// (____) RKBA _____|
    > (/////___________________(_____|
    > Giovanni Lentini (/ /( )/o/)_/)_/)_/)_/)
    > (/ 0 /_\__))
    > gioX@rkba.net (/ /)
    > (/ /)
    > (/ 0 /)
    > (/____ /)
    > =======
    Ran NDD utility. Made sure Fix Errors was checked. Powered off.
    Powered on and Chkdsk ran.

    --

    Alan

    mudfish wrote:

    > Have not tried it so do not know if it is an improvement on the
    > disastrous
    > 5.0.590.015 version.
    > I will let others try first and watch the user forum.

    Well they say they "Fixed system stability issues". Zone Labs wouldn't
    ever lie or be wrong, would they? LOL.

    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/zap/releaseHistory.html#5.0.590.043

    A.G. Kalman wrote:
    > Giovanni Lentini wrote:
    >
    >>>NAV 2004 under Win XP: It's working fine.
    >>
    >> Can you run CHKDSK with the "fix files errors" option checked (ie in
    >> reboot)... this did not work in the prior version...
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    >> TO REPLY REMOVE THE "X" FROM MY DOMAIN NAME.
    >>
    >> =____________________________-
    >> ////// (____) RKBA _____|
    >> (/////___________________(_____|
    >> Giovanni Lentini (/ /( )/o/)_/)_/)_/)_/)
    >> (/ 0 /_\__))
    >> gioX@rkba.net (/ /)
    >> (/ /)
    >> (/ 0 /)
    >> (/____ /)
    >> =======
    > Ran NDD utility. Made sure Fix Errors was checked. Powered off.
    > Powered on and Chkdsk ran.

    Forget what I said. NDD does not work properly!

    --

    Alan
  9. Archived from groups: comp.security.firewalls (More info?)

    mudfish wrote:

    > Have not tried it so do not know if it is an improvement on the
    > disastrous
    > 5.0.590.015 version.
    > I will let others try first and watch the user forum.

    ZoneAlarm Pro 5.0.590.043 still makes my system freeze, just as the
    prior build of ZAP 5.0 did.

    What a surprise.

    Thanks, Zone Labs. Do I get that half hour of my life back?
  10. Archived from groups: comp.security.firewalls (More info?)

    · wrote:
    > mudfish wrote:
    >
    >> Have not tried it so do not know if it is an improvement on the
    >> disastrous
    >> 5.0.590.015 version.
    >> I will let others try first and watch the user forum.
    >
    > ZoneAlarm Pro 5.0.590.043 still makes my system freeze, just as the
    > prior build of ZAP 5.0 did.
    >
    > What a surprise.
    >
    > Thanks, Zone Labs. Do I get that half hour of my life back?

    You need to fill out the rebate from for that :)
  11. Archived from groups: comp.security.firewalls (More info?)

    "·" <sdglockman@hotmail.com> squirted these wordjisms deep inside the
    bumtube of the newstwat in

    > mudfish wrote:
    >
    >> Have not tried it so do not know if it is an improvement on the
    >> disastrous
    >> 5.0.590.015 version.
    >> I will let others try first and watch the user forum.
    >
    > Well they say they "Fixed system stability issues". Zone Labs
    > wouldn't ever lie or be wrong, would they? LOL.
    >
    > http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/zap/releaseHistory.ht
    > ml#5.0.590.043

    Surprisingly, its fixed my system stability issues. Previously took an age
    for an Explorer window to open with the first v5 update, now it works ok.

    So far ;)

    --
    *********************************
    > David Qunt

  12. Archived from groups: comp.security.firewalls (More info?)

    Sometime on, or about Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:27:28 -0500, Giovanni
    Lentini scribbled:

    >>NAV 2004 under Win XP: It's working fine.
    >
    > Can you run CHKDSK with the "fix files errors" option checked (ie in
    > reboot)... this did not work in the prior version...

    I just tried to do the chkdsk /f process. Nothing happened. So I guess
    I've been bit by this bug. I wonder what the difference is between
    those machines that can run chkdsk and those that can't?

    Sam
    --
    To mail me please get rid of the BS first
  13. Archived from groups: comp.security.firewalls (More info?)

    "Sam" <srs2_11BS@BShotmailBS.com> wrote in message
    > Sometime on, or about Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:27:28 -0500, Giovanni
    > Lentini scribbled:
    >
    > >>NAV 2004 under Win XP: It's working fine.
    > >
    > > Can you run CHKDSK with the "fix files errors" option checked (ie in
    > > reboot)... this did not work in the prior version...
    > >

    > I just tried to do the chkdsk /f process. Nothing happened. So I guess
    > I've been bit by this bug. I wonder what the difference is between
    > those machines that can run chkdsk and those that can't?
    >
    > Sam
    > --
    > To mail me please get rid of the BS first

    I had that same problem. I ran chkdsk with the fix option
    on and then rebooted. Nothing happened. Then I turned
    the computer off and booted back up and then the
    chkdsk started and did fine. Did you turn your off or did
    you just reboot?

    Bill

Firewalls Security Networking