reached full lung capacity.
all weapons on "hitman" status.
all vehicle abilities at full capacity.
completed the pimping mission.
completed the taxi mission.
completed the ambulance mission.
completed the fire fighter mission.
completed the vigilante mission.

is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before i
start the game?

"bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
> let's see... so far i have:
>
> reached hitman status on all weapons.
> reached full stamina.
> reached full lung capacity.
> all weapons on "hitman" status.
> all vehicle abilities at full capacity.
> completed the pimping mission.
> completed the taxi mission.
> completed the ambulance mission.
> completed the fire fighter mission.
> completed the vigilante mission.
>
> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before i
> start the game?

Oysters, Tags and Photo Ops. Might be a touch difficult given the wanted
status you might get ; )

bryan wrote:

> let's see... so far i have:
>
> reached hitman status on all weapons.
> reached full stamina.
> reached full lung capacity.
> all weapons on "hitman" status.
> all vehicle abilities at full capacity.
> completed the pimping mission.
> completed the taxi mission.
> completed the ambulance mission.
> completed the fire fighter mission.
> completed the vigilante mission.
>
> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before i
> start the game?

I would say you're a bit overqualified :O) Yeah, you need at least a
third muscle, I think it is, to get the boxing moves, but if you have
too much muscle and too little fat one of the girls won't date you,
the one who stands behind the shooting range.
--
Paul (everybody hurts sometimes)
Stop and Look

"bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
> let's see... so far i have:
>
> reached hitman status on all weapons.
> reached full stamina.
> reached full lung capacity.
> all weapons on "hitman" status.
> all vehicle abilities at full capacity.
> completed the pimping mission.
> completed the taxi mission.
> completed the ambulance mission.
> completed the fire fighter mission.
> completed the vigilante mission.
>
> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before i
> start the game?

Hop the fence at Los Santos Airport, steal a plane and get your flying skill
up to capacity...

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:47:06 +0000, TexasChic wrote:

> "bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
>> let's see... so far i have:
>>
>> reached hitman status on all weapons. reached full stamina. reached
>> full lung capacity.
>> all weapons on "hitman" status.
>> all vehicle abilities at full capacity. completed the pimping mission.
>> completed the taxi mission.
>> completed the ambulance mission.
>> completed the fire fighter mission.
>> completed the vigilante mission.
>>
>> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do
>> before i start the game?
>
> Oysters, Tags and Photo Ops. Might be a touch difficult given the
> wanted status you might get ; )

oysters and horseshoes should be fun! :)

tags can't be done as there isn't a spray can available. i can start the
burglary mission but received no cash for stolen items.

i've added "8-track" and "bmx" to the list... so this means i should be
able to do "dirt track", "blood ring" and "kickstart".

the los santos "courier" mission is available (which is next on my list)
so that means they should be available on the other islands, as well as
the "nrg-500" and "chiliad" challenges though as you say, the rozzers will
be over me like a rash.

wish me luck, chaps... i'm going in! :)

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:33:35 +0000, Buckaroo Banzai wrote:

> "bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
>> let's see... so far i have:
>>
>> reached hitman status on all weapons. reached full stamina.
>> reached full lung capacity.
>> all weapons on "hitman" status.
>> all vehicle abilities at full capacity. completed the pimping mission.
>> completed the taxi mission.
>> completed the ambulance mission.
>> completed the fire fighter mission.
>> completed the vigilante mission.
>>
>> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before
>> i start the game?
>
> Hop the fence at Los Santos Airport, steal a plane and get your flying
> skill up to capacity...

done already :)

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:20:13 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:

> bryan wrote:
>>
>> let's see... so far i have:
>>
>> reached hitman status on all weapons. reached full stamina. reached
>> full lung capacity.
>> all weapons on "hitman" status.
>> all vehicle abilities at full capacity. completed the pimping mission.
>> completed the taxi mission.
>> completed the ambulance mission.
>> completed the fire fighter mission.
>> completed the vigilante mission.
>>
>> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do
>> before i start the game?
>
> I would say you're a bit overqualified :O)

:)

> Yeah, you need at least a third muscle, I think it is, to get the boxing
> moves,

the gym at the beach is open but i haven't bothered weight training yet.
the fast food joints aren't open so i can't accumulate any fat... and as
we all know, if you have no fat to burn, you burn muscle.

now i have full stamina, i don't have to run anywhere so after i've done a
few more sub-missions, i'l build my muscle up.

> but if you have too much muscle and too little fat one of the girls
> won't date you, the one who stands behind the shooting range.

that mission is too far in the future to think of at the moment... i've
only done one of the main story missions ("big smoke") and that was to get
a safe house! :)

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:33:35 +0000, Buckaroo Banzai wrote:
>

>> "bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
>>> let's see... so far i have:
>>>
>>> reached hitman status on all weapons. reached full stamina.
>>> reached full lung capacity.
>>> all weapons on "hitman" status.
>>> all vehicle abilities at full capacity. completed the pimping mission.
>>> completed the taxi mission.
>>> completed the ambulance mission.
>>> completed the fire fighter mission.
>>> completed the vigilante mission.
>>>
>>> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before
>>> i start the game?
>>
>> Hop the fence at Los Santos Airport, steal a plane and get your flying
>> skill up to capacity...
>
> done already :)

Did you get hitman status with the Desert Eagle?

bryan wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:20:13 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:
>
> > bryan wrote:
> >>
> >> let's see... so far i have:
> >>
> >> reached hitman status on all weapons. reached full stamina. reached
> >> full lung capacity.
> >> all weapons on "hitman" status.
> >> all vehicle abilities at full capacity. completed the pimping mission.
> >> completed the taxi mission.
> >> completed the ambulance mission.
> >> completed the fire fighter mission.
> >> completed the vigilante mission.
> >>
> >> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do
> >> before i start the game?
> >
> > I would say you're a bit overqualified :O)
>
> :)
>
> > Yeah, you need at least a third muscle, I think it is, to get the boxing
> > moves,
>
> the gym at the beach is open but i haven't bothered weight training yet.
> the fast food joints aren't open so i can't accumulate any fat... and as
> we all know, if you have no fat to burn, you burn muscle.
>
> now i have full stamina, i don't have to run anywhere so after i've done a
> few more sub-missions, i'l build my muscle up.
>
> > but if you have too much muscle and too little fat one of the girls
> > won't date you, the one who stands behind the shooting range.
>
> that mission is too far in the future to think of at the moment... i've
> only done one of the main story missions ("big smoke") and that was to get
> a safe house! :)

I'm sure the food shops are open.. oh, hang on, you haven't done the
tags yet? That's one of the first things I do. Gives you four weapons
in your safe house. i think it's the next mission
--

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:25:58 +0000, Buckaroo Banzai wrote:

> "bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message

>>> Hop the fence at Los Santos Airport, steal a plane and get your flying
>>> skill up to capacity...
>>
>> done already :)
>
> Did you get hitman status with the Desert Eagle?

yup, all weapons...

9mm
silenced pistol
desert eagle
shotgun
sawed-off shotgun
combat shotgun
micro uzi
tec-9
mp5
ak47
m4

you have to visit the other islands because the shotgun and combat shotgun
aren't available on the first island. yeah, i know you can get a shotgun
off of that pizza bloke or when the slot is empty and you enter a police
car you get one but as soon as you try to get more ammo for it, you have
to press l1 and change the weapon.

the shotguns take around 2000 shots to get "hitman" status... the
shotgun took a bloody age to do!

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:25:58 +0000, Buckaroo Banzai wrote:
>

>> "bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message

>>> done already :)
>>
>> Did you get hitman status with the Desert Eagle?
>
> yup, all weapons...
>
> 9mm
> silenced pistol
> desert eagle
> shotgun
> sawed-off shotgun
> combat shotgun
> micro uzi
> tec-9
> mp5
> ak47
> m4
>
> you have to visit the other islands because the shotgun and combat shotgun
> aren't available on the first island. yeah, i know you can get a shotgun
> off of that pizza bloke or when the slot is empty and you enter a police
> car you get one but as soon as you try to get more ammo for it, you have
> to press l1 and change the weapon.
>
> the shotguns take around 2000 shots to get "hitman" status... the
> shotgun took a bloody age to do!

Yeah, I know what ya mean. I think you're ready to murder the hell out of a
lot of people!

bryan wrote:

> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do
> before i start the game?

Bicycle courier.

Jump the airport fence and get a pilots licence.

Bonjour y'all. bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:50:53 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:

> no spray cans :-(

> i know it's one of the early ones... so is the one where you take sweet to
> buy some chicken. i think that's the one that opens up the fast food shops.

No, it's 'Ryder', the mission after 'Big Smoke'.
He takes you to Reece's barber shop and to Well-Stacked-Pizza on the other
side of the street. This should be all to get access to the fast food shops.

Razor

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

"bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
> let's see... so far i have:
>
> reached hitman status on all weapons.
> reached full stamina.
> reached full lung capacity.
> all weapons on "hitman" status.
> all vehicle abilities at full capacity.
> completed the pimping mission.
> completed the taxi mission.
> completed the ambulance mission.
> completed the fire fighter mission.
> completed the vigilante mission.
>
> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before i
> start the game?

Well there was no need to get your hitman status twice. ;-)
That's just showing off!

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:27:27 +1100, Zombie Elvis wrote:

> bryan wrote:
>>
>> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before
>> i start the game?
>
> Bicycle courier.

done that now... thanks.

> Jump the airport fence and get a pilots licence.

already done. flying skill maxed out :)

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 01:44:28 +0000, Buckaroo Banzai wrote:

>> the shotguns take around 2000 shots to get "hitman" status... the
>> shotgun took a bloody age to do!
>
> Yeah, I know what ya mean. I think you're ready to murder the hell out of
> a lot of people!

oh yeah!

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:48:12 +0100, Micha Getschmann wrote:

> Bonjour y'all. bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:50:53 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:
>
>> no spray cans :-(
>
>> i know it's one of the early ones... so is the one where you take sweet
>> to buy some chicken. i think that's the one that opens up the fast food
>> shops.
>
> No, it's 'Ryder', the mission after 'Big Smoke'. He takes you to Reece's
> barber shop and to Well-Stacked-Pizza on the other side of the street.
> This should be all to get access to the fast food shops.

it's been a while since i played those first missions... thanks.

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:07:48 +0000, Razor wrote:

> "bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
>> let's see... so far i have:
>>
>> reached hitman status on all weapons. reached full stamina.
>> reached full lung capacity.
>> all weapons on "hitman" status.
>> all vehicle abilities at full capacity. completed the pimping mission.
>> completed the taxi mission.
>> completed the ambulance mission.
>> completed the fire fighter mission.
>> completed the vigilante mission.
>>
>> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before
>> i start the game?
>
> Well there was no need to get your hitman status twice. ;-) That's just
> showing off!

er... did i mention that i have hitman status on all weapons? :)

well spotted, that man!

bryan wrote:
> let's see... so far i have:
>
> reached hitman status on all weapons.
> reached full stamina.
> reached full lung capacity.
> all weapons on "hitman" status.
> all vehicle abilities at full capacity.
> completed the pimping mission.
> completed the taxi mission.
> completed the ambulance mission.
> completed the fire fighter mission.
> completed the vigilante mission.
>
> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before i
> start the game?

My isn't your adventure in San Andreas going to be a breeze!! ;-)

How about learn some new fighting moves, or collect megagobs of weapons
and ammo?

--
_ __ _ _ _ _ _
| |/ / (_) | | | | | | |

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 00:03:20 +0000, Keith H wrote:

> bryan wrote:
>> let's see... so far i have:
>>
>> reached hitman status on all weapons. reached full stamina.
>> reached full lung capacity.
>> all weapons on "hitman" status.
>> all vehicle abilities at full capacity. completed the pimping mission.
>> completed the taxi mission.
>> completed the ambulance mission.
>> completed the fire fighter mission.
>> completed the vigilante mission.
>>
>> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before
>> i start the game?
>
> My isn't your adventure in San Andreas going to be a breeze!! ;-)

oh yes! :)

> How about learn some new fighting moves,

you can't learn new moves until the gym opens... after "drive-thru". you
can, however, use the gym at the beach to build up stamina and muscle.

> or collect megagobs of weapons and ammo?

i've done that. it's a ah heck knowing that i'm going to lose the lot.

i did try doing missions on the other islands but attempting them with a 4
star wanted level _and_ getting back to s.f. was just too much!

oyster collecting could be a bit of a laugh though :)

In message <d02vs2$nhe$1$830fa7a5@news.demon.co.uk>
Keith H <keith.h@keith.h> wrote:

> > all weapons on "hitman" status.

*ALL* of them? Desert Eagle? Combat Shotgun? M4?

> How about learn some new fighting moves, or collect megagobs of weapons
> and ammo?

Does anyone know if the gyms are all open at the start of the game?
I've been meaning to check this for ages but it's too tempting just to
take on the police.

I don't think collecting loads of weapons would be a benefit at the
start of the game, they get taken away after the 'Green SAbre' mission.

I was really pissed off about that, I maxed out my AK47 ammo very early
on. Doing gang territories.

Cheers,
Rob

In message <4225A4CE.AF6E2A6B@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> And the other real annoyance is still disappearing cars from garages.

I totally agree. I recently had a mass modding spree as I had only just
found Wheel Arch Angels in San Fierro.
The closest hideout (The one with the large garage) doesn't seem to
like modded cars, and I've also had a few paint-jobs turn totally white
with the modifications still implemented.

> oh, and then there's the garage doors' ability to open when they feel
> like it... jees!

It seems to be really hit and miss in SA, I'm not sure if they're
trying to make the garage doors as realistic as possible or just to
prolong the cool new garage-door-opening/closing noise.

Cheers,
Rob

Rob White wrote:

> In message <4225A4CE.AF6E2A6B@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > And the other real annoyance is still disappearing cars from garages.
>
> I totally agree. I recently had a mass modding spree as I had only just
> found Wheel Arch Angels in San Fierro.
> The closest hideout (The one with the large garage) doesn't seem to
> like modded cars, and I've also had a few paint-jobs turn totally white
> with the modifications still implemented.

The first time I had a reverted car was very annoying as it was my
very first game so I hadn't figured out how to make money. I spent
every cent I had doing up the low rider for that contest and failed,
put the car in my garage, saved, same out and it was a plain, but it
wouldn't have mattered anyway as it makes you take a new car when you

> > oh, and then there's the garage doors' ability to open when they feel
> > like it... jees!
>
> It seems to be really hit and miss in SA, I'm not sure if they're
> trying to make the garage doors as realistic as possible or just to
> prolong the cool new garage-door-opening/closing noise.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

That garage I mentioned under the big apartment, I often have to go
inside the apartment then back out just to get the doors to open.
There are others too, but I think that one and the one by your Garage
are the worst offenders. Others virtually spring open when you're
three streets away!
--

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 08:53:13 +0000, Rob White wrote:

> In message <d02vs2$nhe$1$830fa7a5@news.demon.co.uk>
> Keith H <keith.h@keith.h> wrote:
>
>> > all weapons on "hitman" status.
>
> *ALL* of them? Desert Eagle? Combat Shotgun? M4?

yup :)

for any weapon in los santos, it's just a case of running around to get
enough ammo to reach hitman status. the only weapons i had to get from the
other islands were the shotgun (san fierro) and combat shotgun (las
venturas)... that was fun!

>> How about learn some new fighting moves, or collect megagobs of weapons
>> and ammo?
>
> Does anyone know if the gyms are all open at the start of the game? I've
> been meaning to check this for ages but it's too tempting just to take
> on the police.

only the beach gym. the los santos gym doesn't open until after
"drive-thru". i don't know about the others, i'll just check my map...

yes, they do.

> I don't think collecting loads of weapons would be a benefit at the
> start of the game, they get taken away after the 'Green SAbre' mission.

ammo, no. weapons, especially the right weapons, yes. i've yet to work out
which ones... the ones that turn up at the safehouse for definite. the
ammo for the weapons in slots 4, 5 and 6 are interchangeable so it doesn't
matter if you change weapon. all the other weapon slots change ammo
quantity to the minimum.

> I was really pissed off about that, I maxed out my AK47 ammo very early
> on. Doing gang territories.

i collected enough ammo to get hitman status then collected a few thousand
more for the up and coming missions. it's a shame there's no "storage"
like the airport or country club.

i reckon r* left them out on purpose :)

In message <4225F429.2931BAC5@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> That garage I mentioned under the big apartment, I often have to go
> inside the apartment then back out just to get the doors to open.
> There are others too, but I think that one and the one by your Garage
> are the worst offenders. Others virtually spring open when you're
> three streets away!

It could be something to do with how many vehicles you've got inside
it. The game has sort of learned of the put-more-cars-in-your-garage
trick and you're being punished for it ;o)

The doors never seemed to physically move the main character in GTAIII
and VC either, so I wonder why they do now?

Cheers,
Rob