[gta:sa] preparation...

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 24, 2005 3:08:55 AM

let's see... so far i have:

reached hitman status on all weapons.
reached full stamina.
reached full lung capacity.
all weapons on "hitman" status.
all vehicle abilities at full capacity.
completed the pimping mission.
completed the taxi mission.
completed the ambulance mission.
completed the fire fighter mission.
completed the vigilante mission.

is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before i
start the game?

More about : gta preparation

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 10:47:06 PM

"bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.02.24.00.07.30.735107@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan...
> let's see... so far i have:
>
> reached hitman status on all weapons.
> reached full stamina.
> reached full lung capacity.
> all weapons on "hitman" status.
> all vehicle abilities at full capacity.
> completed the pimping mission.
> completed the taxi mission.
> completed the ambulance mission.
> completed the fire fighter mission.
> completed the vigilante mission.
>
> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before i
> start the game?

Oysters, Tags and Photo Ops. Might be a touch difficult given the wanted
status you might get ; )
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 12:20:13 AM

bryan wrote:

> let's see... so far i have:
>
> reached hitman status on all weapons.
> reached full stamina.
> reached full lung capacity.
> all weapons on "hitman" status.
> all vehicle abilities at full capacity.
> completed the pimping mission.
> completed the taxi mission.
> completed the ambulance mission.
> completed the fire fighter mission.
> completed the vigilante mission.
>
> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before i
> start the game?

I would say you're a bit overqualified :o ) Yeah, you need at least a
third muscle, I think it is, to get the boxing moves, but if you have
too much muscle and too little fat one of the girls won't date you,
the one who stands behind the shooting range.
--
Paul (everybody hurts sometimes)
Stop and Look

"bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.02.24.00.07.30.735107@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan...
> let's see... so far i have:
>
> reached hitman status on all weapons.
> reached full stamina.
> reached full lung capacity.
> all weapons on "hitman" status.
> all vehicle abilities at full capacity.
> completed the pimping mission.
> completed the taxi mission.
> completed the ambulance mission.
> completed the fire fighter mission.
> completed the vigilante mission.
>
> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before i
> start the game?

Hop the fence at Los Santos Airport, steal a plane and get your flying skill
up to capacity...
February 25, 2005 12:35:02 AM

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:47:06 +0000, TexasChic wrote:

> "bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
> news:p an.2005.02.24.00.07.30.735107@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan...
>> let's see... so far i have:
>>
>> reached hitman status on all weapons. reached full stamina. reached
>> full lung capacity.
>> all weapons on "hitman" status.
>> all vehicle abilities at full capacity. completed the pimping mission.
>> completed the taxi mission.
>> completed the ambulance mission.
>> completed the fire fighter mission.
>> completed the vigilante mission.
>>
>> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do
>> before i start the game?
>
> Oysters, Tags and Photo Ops. Might be a touch difficult given the
> wanted status you might get ; )

oysters and horseshoes should be fun! :-)

tags can't be done as there isn't a spray can available. i can start the
burglary mission but received no cash for stolen items.

i've added "8-track" and "bmx" to the list... so this means i should be
able to do "dirt track", "blood ring" and "kickstart".

the los santos "courier" mission is available (which is next on my list)
so that means they should be available on the other islands, as well as
the "nrg-500" and "chiliad" challenges though as you say, the rozzers will
be over me like a rash.

wish me luck, chaps... i'm going in! :-)
February 25, 2005 12:49:47 AM

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:33:35 +0000, Buckaroo Banzai wrote:

> "bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
> news:p an.2005.02.24.00.07.30.735107@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan...
>> let's see... so far i have:
>>
>> reached hitman status on all weapons. reached full stamina.
>> reached full lung capacity.
>> all weapons on "hitman" status.
>> all vehicle abilities at full capacity. completed the pimping mission.
>> completed the taxi mission.
>> completed the ambulance mission.
>> completed the fire fighter mission.
>> completed the vigilante mission.
>>
>> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before
>> i start the game?
>
> Hop the fence at Los Santos Airport, steal a plane and get your flying
> skill up to capacity...

done already :-)
February 25, 2005 1:05:58 AM

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:20:13 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:

> bryan wrote:
>>
>> let's see... so far i have:
>>
>> reached hitman status on all weapons. reached full stamina. reached
>> full lung capacity.
>> all weapons on "hitman" status.
>> all vehicle abilities at full capacity. completed the pimping mission.
>> completed the taxi mission.
>> completed the ambulance mission.
>> completed the fire fighter mission.
>> completed the vigilante mission.
>>
>> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do
>> before i start the game?
>
> I would say you're a bit overqualified :o )

:-)

> Yeah, you need at least a third muscle, I think it is, to get the boxing
> moves,

the gym at the beach is open but i haven't bothered weight training yet.
the fast food joints aren't open so i can't accumulate any fat... and as
we all know, if you have no fat to burn, you burn muscle.

now i have full stamina, i don't have to run anywhere so after i've done a
few more sub-missions, i'l build my muscle up.

> but if you have too much muscle and too little fat one of the girls
> won't date you, the one who stands behind the shooting range.

that mission is too far in the future to think of at the moment... i've
only done one of the main story missions ("big smoke") and that was to get
a safe house! :-)
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 2:25:58 AM

"bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.02.24.21.51.24.431732@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan...
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:33:35 +0000, Buckaroo Banzai wrote:
>

>> "bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
>> news:p an.2005.02.24.00.07.30.735107@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan...
>>> let's see... so far i have:
>>>
>>> reached hitman status on all weapons. reached full stamina.
>>> reached full lung capacity.
>>> all weapons on "hitman" status.
>>> all vehicle abilities at full capacity. completed the pimping mission.
>>> completed the taxi mission.
>>> completed the ambulance mission.
>>> completed the fire fighter mission.
>>> completed the vigilante mission.
>>>
>>> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before
>>> i start the game?
>>
>> Hop the fence at Los Santos Airport, steal a plane and get your flying
>> skill up to capacity...
>
> done already :-)

Did you get hitman status with the Desert Eagle?
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 2:50:53 AM

bryan wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:20:13 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:
>
> > bryan wrote:
> >>
> >> let's see... so far i have:
> >>
> >> reached hitman status on all weapons. reached full stamina. reached
> >> full lung capacity.
> >> all weapons on "hitman" status.
> >> all vehicle abilities at full capacity. completed the pimping mission.
> >> completed the taxi mission.
> >> completed the ambulance mission.
> >> completed the fire fighter mission.
> >> completed the vigilante mission.
> >>
> >> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do
> >> before i start the game?
> >
> > I would say you're a bit overqualified :o )
>
> :-)
>
> > Yeah, you need at least a third muscle, I think it is, to get the boxing
> > moves,
>
> the gym at the beach is open but i haven't bothered weight training yet.
> the fast food joints aren't open so i can't accumulate any fat... and as
> we all know, if you have no fat to burn, you burn muscle.
>
> now i have full stamina, i don't have to run anywhere so after i've done a
> few more sub-missions, i'l build my muscle up.
>
> > but if you have too much muscle and too little fat one of the girls
> > won't date you, the one who stands behind the shooting range.
>
> that mission is too far in the future to think of at the moment... i've
> only done one of the main story missions ("big smoke") and that was to get
> a safe house! :-)

I'm sure the food shops are open.. oh, hang on, you haven't done the
tags yet? That's one of the first things I do. Gives you four weapons
in your safe house. i think it's the next mission
--
Paul (everybody hurts sometimes)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
February 25, 2005 3:53:28 AM

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:25:58 +0000, Buckaroo Banzai wrote:

> "bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
> news:p an.2005.02.24.21.51.24.431732@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan...

>>> Hop the fence at Los Santos Airport, steal a plane and get your flying
>>> skill up to capacity...
>>
>> done already :-)
>
> Did you get hitman status with the Desert Eagle?

yup, all weapons...

9mm
silenced pistol
desert eagle
shotgun
sawed-off shotgun
combat shotgun
micro uzi
tec-9
mp5
ak47
m4

you have to visit the other islands because the shotgun and combat shotgun
aren't available on the first island. yeah, i know you can get a shotgun
off of that pizza bloke or when the slot is empty and you enter a police
car you get one but as soon as you try to get more ammo for it, you have
to press l1 and change the weapon.

the shotguns take around 2000 shots to get "hitman" status... the
shotgun took a bloody age to do!
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 4:44:28 AM

"bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.02.25.00.54.34.549919@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan...
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:25:58 +0000, Buckaroo Banzai wrote:
>

>> "bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
>> news:p an.2005.02.24.21.51.24.431732@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan...

>>> done already :-)
>>
>> Did you get hitman status with the Desert Eagle?
>
> yup, all weapons...
>
> 9mm
> silenced pistol
> desert eagle
> shotgun
> sawed-off shotgun
> combat shotgun
> micro uzi
> tec-9
> mp5
> ak47
> m4
>
> you have to visit the other islands because the shotgun and combat shotgun
> aren't available on the first island. yeah, i know you can get a shotgun
> off of that pizza bloke or when the slot is empty and you enter a police
> car you get one but as soon as you try to get more ammo for it, you have
> to press l1 and change the weapon.
>
> the shotguns take around 2000 shots to get "hitman" status... the
> shotgun took a bloody age to do!

Yeah, I know what ya mean. I think you're ready to murder the hell out of a
lot of people!
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 1:27:27 PM

bryan wrote:

> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do
> before i start the game?

Bicycle courier.

Jump the airport fence and get a pilots licence.
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 1:48:12 PM

Bonjour y'all. bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:50:53 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:

> no spray cans :-(

> i know it's one of the early ones... so is the one where you take sweet to
> buy some chicken. i think that's the one that opens up the fast food shops.

No, it's 'Ryder', the mission after 'Big Smoke'.
He takes you to Reece's barber shop and to Well-Stacked-Pizza on the other
side of the street. This should be all to get access to the fast food shops.
February 25, 2005 6:07:48 PM

"bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.02.24.00.07.30.735107@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan...
> let's see... so far i have:
>
> reached hitman status on all weapons.
> reached full stamina.
> reached full lung capacity.
> all weapons on "hitman" status.
> all vehicle abilities at full capacity.
> completed the pimping mission.
> completed the taxi mission.
> completed the ambulance mission.
> completed the fire fighter mission.
> completed the vigilante mission.
>
> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before i
> start the game?

Well there was no need to get your hitman status twice. ;-)
That's just showing off!
February 25, 2005 11:25:18 PM

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:27:27 +1100, Zombie Elvis wrote:

> bryan wrote:
>>
>> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before
>> i start the game?
>
> Bicycle courier.

done that now... thanks.

> Jump the airport fence and get a pilots licence.

already done. flying skill maxed out :-)
February 25, 2005 11:33:15 PM

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 01:44:28 +0000, Buckaroo Banzai wrote:

>> the shotguns take around 2000 shots to get "hitman" status... the
>> shotgun took a bloody age to do!
>
> Yeah, I know what ya mean. I think you're ready to murder the hell out of
> a lot of people!

oh yeah!
February 25, 2005 11:35:09 PM

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:48:12 +0100, Micha Getschmann wrote:

> Bonjour y'all. bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:50:53 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:
>
>> no spray cans :-(
>
>> i know it's one of the early ones... so is the one where you take sweet
>> to buy some chicken. i think that's the one that opens up the fast food
>> shops.
>
> No, it's 'Ryder', the mission after 'Big Smoke'. He takes you to Reece's
> barber shop and to Well-Stacked-Pizza on the other side of the street.
> This should be all to get access to the fast food shops.

it's been a while since i played those first missions... thanks.
February 25, 2005 11:52:09 PM

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:07:48 +0000, Razor wrote:

> "bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
> news:p an.2005.02.24.00.07.30.735107@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan...
>> let's see... so far i have:
>>
>> reached hitman status on all weapons. reached full stamina.
>> reached full lung capacity.
>> all weapons on "hitman" status.
>> all vehicle abilities at full capacity. completed the pimping mission.
>> completed the taxi mission.
>> completed the ambulance mission.
>> completed the fire fighter mission.
>> completed the vigilante mission.
>>
>> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before
>> i start the game?
>
> Well there was no need to get your hitman status twice. ;-) That's just
> showing off!

er... did i mention that i have hitman status on all weapons? :-)

well spotted, that man!
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 3:03:20 AM

bryan wrote:
> let's see... so far i have:
>
> reached hitman status on all weapons.
> reached full stamina.
> reached full lung capacity.
> all weapons on "hitman" status.
> all vehicle abilities at full capacity.
> completed the pimping mission.
> completed the taxi mission.
> completed the ambulance mission.
> completed the fire fighter mission.
> completed the vigilante mission.
>
> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before i
> start the game?

My isn't your adventure in San Andreas going to be a breeze!! ;-)

How about learn some new fighting moves, or collect megagobs of weapons
and ammo?

--
_ __ _ _ _ _ _
| |/ / (_) | | | | | | |

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 00:03:20 +0000, Keith H wrote:

> bryan wrote:
>> let's see... so far i have:
>>
>> reached hitman status on all weapons. reached full stamina.
>> reached full lung capacity.
>> all weapons on "hitman" status.
>> all vehicle abilities at full capacity. completed the pimping mission.
>> completed the taxi mission.
>> completed the ambulance mission.
>> completed the fire fighter mission.
>> completed the vigilante mission.
>>
>> is there anything else anyone can think of that i can actually do before
>> i start the game?
>
> My isn't your adventure in San Andreas going to be a breeze!! ;-)

oh yes! :-)

> How about learn some new fighting moves,

you can't learn new moves until the gym opens... after "drive-thru". you
can, however, use the gym at the beach to build up stamina and muscle.

> or collect megagobs of weapons and ammo?

i've done that. it's a bugger knowing that i'm going to lose the lot.

i did try doing missions on the other islands but attempting them with a 4
star wanted level _and_ getting back to s.f. was just too much!

oyster collecting could be a bit of a laugh though :-)
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 11:53:13 AM

In message <d02vs2$nhe$1$830fa7a5@news.demon.co.uk>
Keith H <keith.h@keith.h> wrote:

> > all weapons on "hitman" status.

*ALL* of them? Desert Eagle? Combat Shotgun? M4?

> How about learn some new fighting moves, or collect megagobs of weapons
> and ammo?

Does anyone know if the gyms are all open at the start of the game?
I've been meaning to check this for ages but it's too tempting just to
take on the police.

I don't think collecting loads of weapons would be a benefit at the
start of the game, they get taken away after the 'Green SAbre' mission.

I was really pissed off about that, I maxed out my AK47 ammo very early
on. Doing gang territories.

Cheers,
Rob
March 2, 2005 3:42:34 PM

In message <4225A4CE.AF6E2A6B@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> And the other real annoyance is still disappearing cars from garages.

I totally agree. I recently had a mass modding spree as I had only just
found Wheel Arch Angels in San Fierro.
The closest hideout (The one with the large garage) doesn't seem to
like modded cars, and I've also had a few paint-jobs turn totally white
with the modifications still implemented.

> oh, and then there's the garage doors' ability to open when they feel
> like it... jees!

It seems to be really hit and miss in SA, I'm not sure if they're
trying to make the garage doors as realistic as possible or just to
prolong the cool new garage-door-opening/closing noise.

Cheers,
Rob
March 2, 2005 8:14:17 PM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <4225A4CE.AF6E2A6B@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > And the other real annoyance is still disappearing cars from garages.
>
> I totally agree. I recently had a mass modding spree as I had only just
> found Wheel Arch Angels in San Fierro.
> The closest hideout (The one with the large garage) doesn't seem to
> like modded cars, and I've also had a few paint-jobs turn totally white
> with the modifications still implemented.

The first time I had a reverted car was very annoying as it was my
very first game so I hadn't figured out how to make money. I spent
every cent I had doing up the low rider for that contest and failed,
put the car in my garage, saved, same out and it was a plain, but it
wouldn't have mattered anyway as it makes you take a new car when you

> > oh, and then there's the garage doors' ability to open when they feel
> > like it... jees!
>
> It seems to be really hit and miss in SA, I'm not sure if they're
> trying to make the garage doors as realistic as possible or just to
> prolong the cool new garage-door-opening/closing noise.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

That garage I mentioned under the big apartment, I often have to go
inside the apartment then back out just to get the doors to open.
There are others too, but I think that one and the one by your Garage
are the worst offenders. Others virtually spring open when you're
three streets away!
--
Paul (everybody hurts sometimes)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
March 3, 2005 12:34:16 AM

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 08:53:13 +0000, Rob White wrote:

> In message <d02vs2$nhe$1$830fa7a5@news.demon.co.uk>
> Keith H <keith.h@keith.h> wrote:
>
>> > all weapons on "hitman" status.
>
> *ALL* of them? Desert Eagle? Combat Shotgun? M4?

yup :-)

for any weapon in los santos, it's just a case of running around to get
enough ammo to reach hitman status. the only weapons i had to get from the
other islands were the shotgun (san fierro) and combat shotgun (las
venturas)... that was fun!

>> How about learn some new fighting moves, or collect megagobs of weapons
>> and ammo?
>
> Does anyone know if the gyms are all open at the start of the game? I've
> been meaning to check this for ages but it's too tempting just to take
> on the police.

only the beach gym. the los santos gym doesn't open until after
"drive-thru". i don't know about the others, i'll just check my map...

yes, they do.

> I don't think collecting loads of weapons would be a benefit at the
> start of the game, they get taken away after the 'Green SAbre' mission.

ammo, no. weapons, especially the right weapons, yes. i've yet to work out
which ones... the ones that turn up at the safehouse for definite. the
ammo for the weapons in slots 4, 5 and 6 are interchangeable so it doesn't
matter if you change weapon. all the other weapon slots change ammo
quantity to the minimum.

> I was really pissed off about that, I maxed out my AK47 ammo very early
> on. Doing gang territories.

i collected enough ammo to get hitman status then collected a few thousand
more for the up and coming missions. it's a shame there's no "storage"
like the airport or country club.

i reckon r* left them out on purpose :-)
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 3:20:06 AM

In message <4225F429.2931BAC5@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> That garage I mentioned under the big apartment, I often have to go
> inside the apartment then back out just to get the doors to open.
> There are others too, but I think that one and the one by your Garage
> are the worst offenders. Others virtually spring open when you're
> three streets away!

It could be something to do with how many vehicles you've got inside
it. The game has sort of learned of the put-more-cars-in-your-garage
trick and you're being punished for it ;o)

The doors never seemed to physically move the main character in GTAIII
and VC either, so I wonder why they do now?

Cheers,
Rob
March 3, 2005 3:41:00 AM

bryan wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 08:53:13 +0000, Rob White wrote:

> > *ALL* of them? Desert Eagle? Combat Shotgun? M4?
>
> yup :-)
>
> for any weapon in los santos, it's just a case of running around to get
> enough ammo to reach hitman status. the only weapons i had to get from the
> other islands were the shotgun (san fierro) and combat shotgun (las
> venturas)... that was fun!

what about the guided rockets? oh, I think they don't actually upgrade
do they, rather like the sniper rifle

> >> How about learn some new fighting moves, or collect megagobs of weapons
> >> and ammo?
> >
> > Does anyone know if the gyms are all open at the start of the game? I've
> > been meaning to check this for ages but it's too tempting just to take
> > on the police.
>
> only the beach gym. the los santos gym doesn't open until after
> "drive-thru". i don't know about the others, i'll just check my map...
>
> yes, they do.
>
> > I don't think collecting loads of weapons would be a benefit at the
> > start of the game, they get taken away after the 'Green SAbre' mission.
>
> ammo, no. weapons, especially the right weapons, yes. i've yet to work out
> which ones... the ones that turn up at the safehouse for definite. the
> ammo for the weapons in slots 4, 5 and 6 are interchangeable so it doesn't
> matter if you change weapon. all the other weapon slots change ammo
> quantity to the minimum.

specially the pistols... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

--
Paul (everybody hurts sometimes)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 11:06:02 AM

>The doors never seemed to physically move the main character in GTAIII
>and VC either, so I wonder why they do now?

The door to the little garage at El Swanko Casa did (east island, just
south of the shopping mall). Most of the doors in VC were vertical
roller-doors, though, not swing-up doors.

It amuses me when I go into the pay 'n' spray up the ramp out of the
storm drains, and the door is usually still transparent as it closes.

Phil Hibbs.
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 1:21:04 PM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <4225F429.2931BAC5@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > That garage I mentioned under the big apartment, I often have to go
> > inside the apartment then back out just to get the doors to open.
> > There are others too, but I think that one and the one by your Garage
> > are the worst offenders. Others virtually spring open when you're
> > three streets away!
>
> It could be something to do with how many vehicles you've got inside
> it. The game has sort of learned of the put-more-cars-in-your-garage
> trick and you're being punished for it ;o)
>
> The doors never seemed to physically move the main character in GTAIII
> and VC either, so I wonder why they do now?

They're more solid now aren't they? They can actually lift you off the
ground.
The very first time I lost cars in the big garage I think it was
definitely overloading. I had four cars and three or four bikes packed
in there and when i went back there were only the bikes. The last few
times has been real weird. I customized one of those little minivan
things, can't recall the name of it... er, moonbeam? anyway, I had one
of those and parked it in there as i thought it was funny. I then
collected a couple of cars and a bike for early export. I decided to
keep watch and they remained in place right up to the crane opening,
when all export vehicles vanished, leaving the Moonbeam stood alone.
During my travels I picked up a couple of rarer ones needed for later
so I parked them in there and sure enough, when it came to time to
collect the damned things were gone but the moonbeam was still there.
Was this a sneer at my cute little car?

--
Paul (everybody hurts sometimes)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 7:56:56 PM

snarks@gmail.com wrote:

> >The doors never seemed to physically move the main character in GTAIII
> >and VC either, so I wonder why they do now?
>
> The door to the little garage at El Swanko Casa did (east island, just
> south of the shopping mall). Most of the doors in VC were vertical
> roller-doors, though, not swing-up doors.
>
> It amuses me when I go into the pay 'n' spray up the ramp out of the
> storm drains, and the door is usually still transparent as it closes.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

There are a fair few doors which are transparent when approaching.
Again, the one at the main garage on san fiero, during all of my
gameplay one evening it remained transparent, but you couldn't
actually see what was inside. Very eerie, walking towards an empty
garage, hearing a noise and the cars appearing, but not as bad as the
first time I thought damn, it's empty again and tried to park a car in
there!

--
Paul (everybody hurts sometimes)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 10:49:12 AM

bryan wrote:
> > *ALL* of them? Desert Eagle? Combat Shotgun? M4?
>
> yup :-)

So how many has it taken you - in-game and in real life?

Phil Hibbs.
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 12:02:02 PM

And, have you got the high score on all the arcade machines? :-)

Phil Hibbs.
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 5:06:15 PM

> number of prostitutes visited - 4
Sounds like someone wasn't entirely focused on the job :-)

> best insane stunt awarded - insane stunt
Come on, you can do better than that, I've got a double insane stunt in
my 'preparation' game.

Did you deliberately miss out the LS oysters?

Phil Hibbs.
March 6, 2005 9:15:53 PM

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 09:02:02 -0800, snarks wrote:

> And, have you got the high score on all the arcade machines? :-)

no!
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 5:33:10 AM

Lots of flips or rotations. I first discovered that "insane stunt"
wasn't the best when I took a bike up the steps next to Michelle's
garage and did so many spins that it gave me a /triple/ insane stunt.
Is there such a thing as a quadruple insane stunt?

Also, getting the oysters in LV shouldn't require a parachute, since
they are mostly in shallow water. Surely you could just land on them
from a great height. The paramedics can then just ship you back to LS
in a bucket.

Phil Hibbs.
!