ZoneAlarm stopped working - security restrictions???

Last response: in Networking
a b 8 Security
June 22, 2004 12:17:27 AM

I've been using zonealarm 4.x for a while now (didn't like 5.x) but
yesterday it stopped working after a system reboot.

Now, whenever I try to run it, I get an error message - "Operation cancelled
due to security restrictions on this machine".

I run XP Pro. Any suggestions?

Don
--
The Vulcan neck pinch isn't nearly as powerful as the Vulcan groin kick,
but it is more politically correct!!

Donald McCaskey wrote:
> I've been using zonealarm 4.x for a while now (didn't like 5.x) but
> yesterday it stopped working after a system reboot.
>
> Now, whenever I try to run it, I get an error message - "Operation cancelled
> due to security restrictions on this machine".
>
> I run XP Pro. Any suggestions?
>
> Don
Just a guess, click on Start, scroll up to ZoneAlarm and right click the
program, in the dropdown menu select
start As. Then check or uncheck the only available check box as needed.
If this works then you have a security issue between Win XP and ZA.

You may have to uninstall ZA and remove all traces, then reinstall
making sure you as the user have admin authority.

Michael Gordon
!